Greetings!

Hello!

I stumbled upon this treasure trove of a forum while I was researching wooden ship building techniques and guides. I have always wanted to take a stab at building a wooden ship which would make me work on getting it right and ended finally gifting myself the Albatros by Constructo – Scale 1:55, 1840 Baltimore.

Now when I opened the kit and read the instructions, I felt in over my head. However, reading through this forum gave me some much needed reassurance and confidence. I will keep a build log of my progress and I hope that this will be the first of many ships.

I look forward to interacting with all of you and learning a lot from your experiences on my first try.

Regards!

Welcome to a rewarding and satisfying hobby. There are many fine and knowledgeable people here that will help you along. We all love to watch others on their building log and questions usually get answered very quickly. Enjoy.

Welcome aboard Nandaki. This is a great place to be if your just starting out in the hobby. I've gotten a lot of help on my first build from all these fine folks. My advise on doing your first build is to go over every drawing and instruction at least a thousand times ;-) , while your having breakfast in your sleep and even while your in the can. See how all the rigging and pieces go together in your mind before you put them together. Enjoy the hobby and take your time at it, the results last a lifetime.

And a jolly fine welcome from across the pond!
Look in on as many builds that you possibly can and decide for yourself how you would like to progress!
But, never forget!! this is a hobby and there should never be a time limit on what you want to achieve :shock:
Another thing, don't be afraid to ask? everybody had to start somewhere.
Enjoy yourself, Steve..

Thank you all, for you warm welcome.

I started a build log and in the process of doing some preliminary reading before I start. The instruction booklet by itself only points you in the right direction but lacks emphasis on the subtler portions of putting things together. I should be ready to physically start this weekend and I am sure I will have ton of more questions when I do.

Thank you again for the kind words and offerings of help.

Regards,

Nandaki

Back