Greetings....

Hi Everyone,

Only just stumbled across this site whilst looking for info on milling machines. I’m Uk based (mostly in London) and as a teenager used to do a lot of kit building (mainly aircraft and AFVs), however life came along and I slipped away from the hobby until recently (30+ years later) when looking for something to do during lockdown I decided to scratchbuild a ship from some plans I picked off on Ebay (RMS Servia). It was probably a bit ambitious but I persevered and after probably 800 hours or so spread over a couple of years completed the job. There are certainly many areas that could be improved but I was pretty pleased overall. I’m now a fully confirmed nautical addict and have just started my second scratch project (RMT Galahad). Anyway here is a picture of my first model, looking forward to looking at work of the experts on this site and hopefully picking up some useful tips !!

Hello and welcome aboard. Very nice work on your Servia. Looking forward to your build of the Galahad. Please do a build thread.

Bill

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi Everyone,

Only just stumbled across this site whilst looking for info on milling machines. I’m Uk based (mostly in London) and as a teenager used to do a lot of kit building (mainly aircraft and AFVs), however life came along and I slipped away from the hobby until recently (30+ years later) when looking for something to do during lockdown I decided to scratchbuild a ship from some plans I picked off on Ebay (RMS Servia). It was probably a bit ambitious but I persevered and after probably 800 hours or so spread over a couple of years completed the job. There are certainly many areas that could be improved but I was pretty pleased overall. I’m now a fully confirmed nautical addict and have just started my second scratch project (RMT Galahad). Anyway here is a picture of my first model, looking forward to looking at work of the experts on this site and hopefully picking up some useful tips !!

Hallo @bslats
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back