Greetings from Spain

I would also like to warmly welcome you to the forum and have fun.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
We love to see the different ways modelers are bashing the different kit-models - with this the models are getting individual
Maybe you start a building log, starting with the actual status?

I have a question pope. The old Spanish flag with the red "X" that looks like barb wire... where did it originate from and is there any meaning behind the colors and shape? Did it come from Spanish royal heraldry? Being Spanish, I assume you know something about it. It's very unique among European and English flags.

I have a question pope. The old Spanish flag with the red "X" that looks like barb wire... where did it originate from and is there any meaning behind the colors and shape? Did it come from Spanish royal heraldry? Being Spanish, I assume you know something about it. It's very unique among European and English flags.
Well, specifically this flag was official from the 15th to the 18th centuries. The Cross of Borgoña, as it is known, also called St. Andrew's Cross, was traditionally used by the Spanish Tercios in Flanders, as well as the rest of the Spanish Army at that time. Currently, it is carried by Spanish Air Force aircraft as their tail badge. There is a lot of history around this flag. And as you said, it comes from Spanish royal heraldry. Much to tell...but I leave that for the historians. Thumbs-Up

Naval and military Ensign of the Hispanic Monarchy.png

Tercios of Flanders flag.png

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I´m glad to be in this group. Right now I am building the Santisima Trinidad at 1:90 scale (OCCRE Kit). I'll post some photos, with some different reform of the Occre kit. See you!
hola pope, tambien estoy deseando de ver algunas fotos y la continua de tu Santisima , yo lo hiso algunas años atras , y de momento estoy facendo lo otravez porque cuando vino para vivier en España tenia que dejar mis barcos feitos ( echos ) en Belgica un salu2 Dj56

Hello Pope, I am also looking forward to seeing some photos and the continuation of your Santisima, I did it a few years ago, and at the moment I am doing it again because when he came to live in Spain I had to leave my ugly boats in Belgium a salu2 Dj56

Last edited by a moderator:
hola pope, tambien estoy deseando de ver algunas fotos y la continua de tu Santisima , yo lo hiso algunas años atras , y de momento estoy facendo lo otravez porque cuando vino para vivier en España tenia que dejar mis barcos feitos ( echos ) en Belgica un salu2 Dj56
Me alegro. Un saludo desde Granada. Actualmente estoy colgando fotos de otra maqueta: el acorazado Bismarck, a escala 1:200. Thumbsup

Glad to hear it. Greetings from Granada. I am currently posting photos of another model: the battleship Bismarck, at 1:200 scale.

Bien venido Pope. Muy buena la explicación de la Cruz de Borgoña o de San Andrés.
Espero ver tus avances en el Santísima Trinidad, es una empresa muy difícil. Ship-1

Welcome Pope. Very good explanation of the Cross of Borgoña or Saint Andrew.

I hope to see your progress in the Santísima Trinidad, it is a very difficult work Anchor.

Hola Welcome on board ... hope you enjoy your build. Look forward to following your build

Back