Greetings from Rochester, New York

Hello fellow modelers. My name is Randy and I have been building models since I was10 years old. I have been lurking on this forum for several months and decided I would join in.

I am an a self-employed neo-Luddite (I draw by hand) registered architect (32 years as of this month) with precious few hours available for my hobby. My wife and I enjoy traveling which also limits my shop time.

My introduction to ship modeling ocurred in my teens when I built Revel's Consitution and a large clipper (Flying Cloud?). For the past 30 years I have been building wooden boat models. My first wood kit was Atesania Latina's Swift. My favorite builds are larger scale small craft.

I am a member of a local ship modeling group, the Model Shipwrights Guild of Western New York, and greatly enjoy our monthly meetings.

Currently I have two projects under way. On my workbench is a vintage 1988 RC Dumas 44' Coast Guard utility boat that my father started in 1988 (more on that one later) and a newer endeavor, a paper model of the Lilla Weneda ferry.

I have been "collecting" interesting kits for a couple of years now in hopes of retiring some day in the near future and spending much more time modeling. I think that there are currently close to 40 kits neatly stacked up in the basement.

I am looking forward to the expanded group of ship building enthusists that this forum offers!

Randy

Hallo Randy
from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hello fellow modelers. My name is Randy and I have been building models since I was10 years old. I have been lurking on this forum for several months and decided I would join in.

I am an a self-employed neo-Luddite (I draw by hand) registered architect (32 years as of this month) with precious few hours available for my hobby. My wife and I enjoy traveling which also limits my shop time.

My introduction to ship modeling ocurred in my teens when I built Revel's Consitution and a large clipper (Flying Cloud?). For the past 30 years I have been building wooden boat models. My first wood kit was Atesania Latina's Swift. My favorite builds are larger scale small craft.

I am a member of a local ship modeling group, the Model Shipwrights Guild of Western New York, and greatly enjoy our monthly meetings.

Currently I have two projects under way. On my workbench is a vintage 1988 RC Dumas 44' Coast Guard utility boat that my father started in 1988 (more on that one later) and a newer endeavor, a paper model of the Lilla Weneda ferry.

I have been "collecting" interesting kits for a couple of years now in hopes of retiring some day in the near future and spending much more time modeling. I think that there are currently close to 40 kits neatly stacked up in the basement.

I am looking forward to the expanded group of ship building enthusists that this forum offers!

Randy
Hallo Randy alias @585randall
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Uve and Corsair,
Thank you for the birthday greetings! I had a wonderful birthday with my wife, mom, sons and their families. My wife gifted me a resistance soldering setup from MicroMark. I couldnt imagine a nicer gift. Now I can finally learn to solder with good equipment.

Uve, how wonderful that you live in Wien. I was so fortunate to visit your lovely city in December with my wife and a friend couple. It was my first return to Wien since 1979. The Weinachts Markten were so enjoyable! We were fortunate to attend a Wienersängerknabe concert. I will be back (sooner than 40 years).

Randy

Back