Greetings from Houston TX USA

I was just accepted as a member today, thank you Administrators. About me: I am retired from shipping industry and am a Post-Coastie (ex-US Coast Guard member) and have begun revisited my youth in terms of model building. I have two modest boat builds under my belt two more waiting in the wings for me to start on and multiple stick & tissue model airplanes.

I am looking forward to the model boat building experience and hope to graduate to building a real boat…wife permitting.

Last edited:
I was just accepted as a member today, thank you Administrators. About me: I am retired from shipping industry and am a Post-Coastie (ex-US Coast Guard member) and have begun revisited my youth in terms of model building. I have two modest boat builds under my belt two more waiting in the wings for me to start on and multiple stick & tissue model airplanes.

I am looking forward to the model boat building experience and hope to graduate to building a real boat…wife permitting.
Welcome to SOS. I am a recent member too and look forward to following one of your builds. Seagull Shipwright

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Welcome aboard. I live in Houston, and they guy that started this website is a friend of mine. He does amazing work with models. While I don't build models, I have shared my interests in real ships and posted pictures of the ships I've visited in Galveston.

PA130051_.JPG

PA130056_.JPG

PA130063_.JPG

P8250023_.JPG

Welcome to the forum Gordon. When you get to the1:1 scale, share the build log on that also!
And thanks for sharing the pictures, 535i !

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your ongoing model making and find this forum useful

Greetings Gordon, it's nice to see pics of Cavalla. My wife and I have visited her and USS Stewart on many occasions and are actually thinking of going back again next summer.

Back