Greetings from Albertan prop builder!

I am a prop builder with a growing YouTube channel, several years ago I built a prop pirate cannon as a video and it has been very well received. At the time I scoured the internet for pictures of old maritime cannons of which to base the build off of. I did my best at the time and decided to go back to re-design my original trunnion to be also built out of wood, which of course took a bunch of new considerations. I wanted the find a schematic of an original cannon to get the height of the trunnion and where the cannon pivot should sit in relation to the front axle. Sure enough on an image search one of your fine members posted a schematic that will help me to no end with getting a mostly authentic cannon built. I'm not a ship of scale guy, more like a ship at scale guy. So greetings everyone and thanks so much to your members for posting information I had trouble finding anywhere else!

-Samhain Propworks

This is the styrofoam cannon build to which I am referring to.
cannon.jpg

I need one of those in the bed of my truck to keep the tail gaters off. And on the fourth of July my neighbors might think, Ut-Oh! I am impressed with your work. I will have to look up your u-tube stuff. Glad you found info on this sight.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back