Greetings. Been a member a while, first time 'making an appearance".

I hope I have the right place to ask for help. The model is Constructo's Elidir. Of course I'm bashing the heck out of it. I got myself painted into a corner, There are two sets of double doors, one forward, one aft. The for'd doors are glued closed. The after doors I want to to have swung open. The problem is how to fasten the doors. They are too thin to drill a post top & bottom. Any suggestions?
1674483044604.png

Elidir1.jpg

IF you have it available, a long thin piece of brass stock bent in half longways or even some tape could be used and painted to hide the color.

Welcome !
I would think possibly of gluing a small piece of brass rod to the back edge of the of the door or 2 pieces one top and one bottom and set the rod into holes you would place top and bottom of the frame. If you are going to put a top to that you could even use brass tube on the back edge of the door and then drill a hole and insert the top hinge pin through the upper frame. However, that would make the gap at the hinge a bit bigger. The other thought is that you could put the hinge back behind the wall with a U shaped plate so that when the door swings out, it would come totally out of the frame when it swings outward.
Just some thoughts. Hope it helps.

Welcome aboard! If you have some scrap material (or even cardboard sections cut to the same scale), perhaps you can build a mock-up and play around with it to see what works.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Back