Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit) [COMPLETED BUILD]

OH Geez, Missed your Birthday and a bunch of postings. Seems that the SOS posting alerts are sporadic.

Anyway a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY .

Your rigging is mind blowing, extrodinary and astonishing. I don't know how you do it.

Jan

Dear Grant
Unfortunately I missed your birthday because the updates from time to time do not come at all from the blog.
Anyway my dear friend I wish you a happy and happy birthday Birthday-CakeBeer
you are doing a great job Okay

Last edited:
Wow Grant! This log and your dedication to exacting and perfect rope work, rigging and tackle/blocks is phenomenal!!

After doing a fully rigged US Frigate kit, I made a vow to do only Navy Board and Half hulls W/O rigging, as I do not have the patience, skills or eyesight to do such magnificent work.

Rock on!!!

Wow Grant! This log and your dedication to exacting and perfect rope work, rigging and tackle/blocks is phenomenal!!

After doing a fully rigged US Frigate kit, I made a vow to do only Navy Board and Half hulls W/O rigging, as I do not have the patience, skills or eyesight to do such magnificent work.

Rock on!!!
Good morning Brad. Thanks for the compliment. I rather enjoy most of the rigging aspects, still at the novice level when one considers how so many aspects require splicing etc. Sails are my nemesis so let’s see if I go for it on my Xebec. Cheers Grant

Good afternoon.

I had to redo my lower binding on the main mast…again. The lower binding needs flow over each block line :
Previously-
View attachment 429755
How it should be
View attachment 429756View attachment 429757
….and some more blocks etc for the stays…
View attachment 429763
Cheers Grant
Looks the job now Grant. Apart from the first class execution, it also makes more sense now. The quality of your rigging is of the highest. Have a good day .JJ..

Back