French Warships in the Age of Sail

Bargain book available at E.R. Hamilton (https://www.hamiltonbook.com/).
View attachment 346692
Many Thanks for sharing this:

This is really a bargain offer - so if you are interested buy now.
Usually these books are much more expensive

FRENCH WARSHIPS in the Age of Sail 1786 - 1862
Design, Construction, Careers and Fates

by Rif Winfield & Stephen S. Roberts

and also

FRENCH WARSHIPS in the Age of Sail 1626 - 1786
Design, Construction, Careers and Fates

by Rif Winfield & Stephen S Roberts

Hamilton Books is an excellent source for low price maritime book to fill out your library. If you want to give yourself a Christmas present, there are usually more than 100 books on maritime topics to choose from. When you visit the web site, these books are located in two spots. First select History under the category tab then Maritime History with the refine search tab. When you are done looking there, go back to the category tab and select Military History followed by Naval History with refine search. I usually check out the web site a couple of times a year to look for new additions to their listings.

I was glad to see that the cover picture shows a British ship sending a well-deserved broadside to the evil Frenchies lying to port and starboard !! One of them dismasted and the other in all sorts of bother.

Revenge for all the dirty tricks by the French team (apparently accepted by the ref without comment) against the English at the World Cup.

Ich war froh zu sehen, dass das Titelbild ein britisches Schiff zeigt, das eine wohlverdiente Breitseite an die bösen Franzosen schickt, die Backbord und Steuerbord liegen !! Einer von ihnen entmastet und der andere in allerlei Mühe.

Rache für all die schmutzigen Tricks der französischen Mannschaft (anscheinend vom Schiedsrichter kommentarlos akzeptiert) gegen die Engländer bei der Weltmeisterschaft.

Hallo ChrisP.

Schlechter Verlierer?

Karl

no shipping also applies, possibly, to passengers under present weather conditions - my daughter & famille were delayed by 4 hours flying from JFK to LHR but thankfully arrived just before midnight on 24 December after a journey from hell - luckily the BA csbin crew upgraded them into business class so lots of mulled wine and treats to keep them Christmassy as they waited on the tarmac for several hours.

Back