Framing, Planking and coppering

As I have put a ton of work into the framing of the Discovery I decided to only plank one side as I've others do. The Discovery was coppered, so now I would have to copper over my planking, hiding it. I'm thinking that I could maybe copper half of the planked side. Would this look too unfinished or confusing for the viewer? I've never seen examples of this that I recall. has it been done?

I have also never seen a model like you described - but could look like interesting ......

I've been pondering this and now I'm wondering if I should have one completely finished side, coppered and all. On the other side maybe do one third bare frames, one third planked and one third coppered. It means a lot more coppering but who knows, I may enjoy it.:)

I've been pondering this and now I'm wondering if I should have one completely finished side, coppered and all. On the other side maybe do one third bare frames, one third planked and one third coppered. It means a lot more coppering but who knows, I may enjoy it.:)
This could be a very good solution - technically very interesting Thumbsup

I really like this idea from a viewer’s perspective. Cutaway views and progressive construction views are unique showing the “inside scoop”.

Back