For Sale - Soleil Royal by Artesania Latina [SOLD]

Group,

I've got to man unfinished models! I'd like to sell my uncompleted Soleil Royal. I started this kit about a year ago I think. I didn't take any photos of the construction because I never had any plans to write a practicum on building it. However, as time went by I had to put it aside to build other more affordable models and write new practicums for my business, Lauck Street Shipyard.

So as I finish up my newest practicum to be released next week on the Occre kit, Flying Dutchman, I have come to realize that I need to get rid of the Soleil Royal model if for no other reason but to make room for other models under construction. I'm also at work on a Woody Joe kit, Charles Royal Yacht, c.1674.

I present the Artesania Latin Kit, Soleil Royal. This kit sells for $900.00 plus shipping. I'd like to sell it for $700.00. However, because a buyer would have to pick the model and the remaining parts up at my house in Inwood, WV, I'm willing to consider offers. Here are some photos of the model at a stage that is nearly ready for masting and rigging.

IMG_3968 Large.jpeg

IMG_3969 Large.jpeg

IMG_3972 Large.jpeg

IMG_3973 Large.jpeg

IMG_3974 Large.jpeg

IMG_3975 Large.jpeg

IMG_3976 Large.jpeg

As you can see, I've made some changes to the kit that utilized some 3D printed parts I designed and created myself. I had a friend 3D print new gunport lid hinges, and I changed the paint scheme based on a model of the ship that inspired me to buy the kit in the first place.

There are still ladders to paint and install. I had attempted to add lighting but at some stage in planking the hull, my X-acto must have cut a wire and disabled all of the lighting so I removed it.

The cannons still need to be rigged and there are additional cannons to be made, painted and installed on the forecastle, quarterdeck and poop deck. There are anchors to be assembled, painted and installed and the rudder as well. I don't remember off hand what else needs to be done before the masts and yardarms are made.

Inwood, WV is 5 miles north of the WV and VA borders with I-81 the major highway that passes through the small country town. My neighborhood is just 3/4 mile from the interstate. We're a few hours northwest of Washington DC.

I don't think it possible to package it up and ship it due to its very large size, weight, and delicacy and there's also the kit box with all the remaining wood, fittings, and instructions as well.

If anyone is interesting in buying this model to finish themselves please send me a private message. Thanks for stopping by to check this thread out.

Bob Hunt
www.lauckstreetshipyard.com

Okay, no interest. I get it, but please reconsider. I'm knocking the price down to just $500.00. The buyer would still have to pick it up but consider this. This is NOT an easy kit to build. If you'd love to have this model sitting on your mantle or in a case in your house but you don't have the skills to build it, this would be a good buy for you. I've done all the hard work but still left some features to finish the model. Since the major work left to finish the model is the masting and rigging, I'll provide the buyer with all of my practicums on Masting and Rigging a model ship for free. That's a $200.00 value alone because I currently have been offering these practicums in a bundle. The bundle includes 5 masting and rigging practicums. See my website at Masting & Rigging Combo

Bob Hunt

That's a sweet deal Bob. As you know I'm just getting started on a multi-year build of your Kingfisher or I'd certainly be interested (notwithstanding the road trip necessary for pick-up). Hope you find a local buyer and this model will see its way to completion.

This is a great deal Bob as Kurt mentions.Excellent starting point for someone who prefers rigging to planking.I would love to see this model go to a good home.

Even if I were the right side of the pond,I am one year in to bashing the living daylights out of this very kit.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Okay, no interest. I get it, but please reconsider. I'm knocking the price down to just $500.00. The buyer would still have to pick it up but consider this. This is NOT an easy kit to build. If you'd love to have this model sitting on your mantle or in a case in your house but you don't have the skills to build it, this would be a good buy for you. I've done all the hard work but still left some features to finish the model. Since the major work left to finish the model is the masting and rigging, I'll provide the buyer with all of my practicums on Masting and Rigging a model ship for free. That's a $200.00 value alone because I currently have been offering these practicums in a bundle. The bundle includes 5 masting and rigging practicums. See my website at Masting & Rigging Combo

Bob Hunt

SOLD! Thanks.

Bob
Glad you sold it Bob. I picked up a couple of your practicums (Pride of Baltimore and HMS Fly) and am looking forward to building them after my move to Florida. I was surprised to see that the Fly is used as a Freshman build and the Pride of Baltimore is used as a Sophomore build since the Fly looks to be more complicated. I was going to build them with the Pride of Baltimore first, but now I'm reconsidering.

Thanks, Jeff

Glad you sold it Bob. I picked up a couple of your practicums (Pride of Baltimore and HMS Fly) and am looking forward to building them after my move to Florida. I was surprised to see that the Fly is used as a Freshman build and the Pride of Baltimore is used as a Sophomore build since the Fly looks to be more complicated. I was going to build them with the Pride of Baltimore first, but now I'm reconsidering.

Thanks, Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure what my reasoning was when I classified the Fly practicum as a Freshman course. Sometimes I feel like a particular kit can go either way, Freshman or Sophomore. The Fly is a really nice kit but a bit small in size compared to the Pride. When I built the Pride, it wasn't even close in complexity to the Armed Virginia Sloop so I decided to classify it as a Sophomore Course. On the other hand, due to the quality of the Fly kit and its straight forward design, I considered it to be more in line with some of my other Freshman courses. It also had better than average instructions and I knew the reputation of Amati to be a top notch kit maker. I guess sometimes it isn't all black and white. ;).

Take care,

Bob

Back