For sale For Sale Royal Caroline Kit [SOLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

For several years now I've worked on my 1:30 scale Royal Caroline kit. The time has come to say goodbye to it and attempt to sell it for a very good price. The Pictures show the stage in construction that I am at. I have a number of built/assembled parts not yet mounted and the other 3 boxes of parts including the masting and rigging. I believe this kit set me back $1400 plus shipping charges. I modified the kit by opening up the aft great cabin and drew the rug shown in the original drawings printing it in full color on matte photo paper (seen in the photos).

I also added lighting throughout the two great cabins and the forward area with LED's controlled by individual controls to turn them up and down independently. There's also wiring at the stern already in place for the lanterns. I have all of the parts to finish the kit.

I'm asking $500.00 for everything with one catch. Whoever buys it must come to my house in Inwood, West Virginia to pick it up. It's just too large and too heavy and too delicate to ship it along with the other 3 boxes of parts. I live just off I-81 just 5 miles north of the Virginia/West Virginia line outside of Winchester, VA.

The floors in the two great rooms are parquet'd exactly like what is shown in the ship's original plans for those areas that are actually visible. I also have drawing the rug shown in the original plans for the aft great room. The forward great room was intended to be the dining room. I have assembled the kit furniture for that room. The aft room is the bedroom. I've got the upper deck beams made for the deck above these rooms and other miscellaneous stuff to go on the inner bulwarks of the aft room. I 3d printed some cartouche's which are on the inner bulwarks of the forward great room and made one side of a special rail for the aft room but haven't made the other side. I have the stuff to make it, just never got around to do so.IMG_3427.jpegIMG_3431.jpegIMG_3433.jpegIMG_3434.jpegIMG_3435.jpegIMG_3436.jpegIMG_3437.jpegIMG_3438.jpegIMG_3439.jpegIMG_3440.jpegIMG_3441.jpegIMG_3442.jpegIMG_3443.jpeg

This is a great buy for a great kit if you're up to the drive and up to completing the build of a great model. Just send me a PM if your seriously interested.

Thanks,

Bob Hunt

IMG_3432.jpeg

IMG_3444.jpeg

G'day Bob, wow that is one fantastic model of the Royal Caroline, absolutely amazing, I'm sorry that you will not finish her, she deserves someone with your skills, hopefully someone will take up your generous offer,
Best regards John,

For several years now I've worked on my 1:30 scale Royal Caroline kit. The time has come to say goodbye to it and attempt to sell it for a very good price. The Pictures show the stage in construction that I am at. I have a number of built/assembled parts not yet mounted and the other 3 boxes of parts including the masting and rigging. I believe this kit set me back $1400 plus shipping charges. I modified the kit by opening up the aft great cabin and drew the rug shown in the original drawings printing it in full color on matte photo paper (seen in the photos).

I also added lighting throughout the two great cabins and the forward area with LED's controlled by individual controls to turn them up and down independently. There's also wiring at the stern already in place for the lanterns. I have all of the parts to finish the kit.

I'm asking $500.00 for everything with one catch. Whoever buys it must come to my house in Inwood, West Virginia to pick it up. It's just too large and too heavy and too delicate to ship it along with the other 3 boxes of parts. I live just off I-81 just 5 miles north of the Virginia/West Virginia line outside of Winchester, VA.

The floors in the two great rooms are parquet'd exactly like what is shown in the ship's original plans for those areas that are actually visible. I also have drawing the rug shown in the original plans for the aft great room. The forward great room was intended to be the dining room. I have assembled the kit furniture for that room. The aft room is the bedroom. I've got the upper deck beams made for the deck above these rooms and other miscellaneous stuff to go on the inner bulwarks of the aft room. I 3d printed some cartouche's which are on the inner bulwarks of the forward great room and made one side of a special rail for the aft room but haven't made the other side. I have the stuff to make it, just never got around to do so.View attachment 357007View attachment 357008View attachment 357010View attachment 357011View attachment 357012View attachment 357013View attachment 357014View attachment 357015View attachment 357016View attachment 357017View attachment 357018View attachment 357019View attachment 357020

This is a great buy for a great kit if you're up to the drive and up to completing the build of a great model. Just send me a PM if your seriously interested.

Thanks,

Bob Hunt

View attachment 357009

View attachment 357021
wow your work is really good might be worth mentioning where you are

wow your work is really good might be worth mentioning where you are
Here is what Bob said:

I'm asking $500.00 for everything with one catch. Whoever buys it must come to my house in Inwood, West Virginia to pick it up. It's just too large and too heavy and too delicate to ship along with the other 3 boxes of parts. I live just off I-81 just 5 miles north of the Virginia/West Virginia line outside of Winchester, VA.

Hi Bob, do you still have the model? I live not too far from you, near Wheeling WV.
Look slike noname guy isn't interested after all. He never replied to my private message so the model is still for sale if anyone else is interested.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back