For sale For Sale-Mantua 1:98 HMS Victory $200+shipping method of your choice. Old kit, recently opened, all plans/parts complete/new. [SOLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bryian, I'm new to this so I haven't even thought of how to complete the transaction should anyone be interested. I'll look into it.

Packed for shipping I'm estimating that the kit will weigh around 5kg, dimensions would be about 80x40x15 cm. From what I can tell by a brief search on the web shipping costs would be from $100USD to $200USD+. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll get a more exact quote. I would likely chose from United Parcel Service, FedEx, or DHL.

Packed for shipping I'm estimating that the kit will weigh around 5kg, dimensions would be about 80x40x15 cm. From what I can tell by a brief search on the web shipping costs would be from $100USD to $200USD+. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll get a more exact quote. I would likely chose from United Parcel Service, FedEx, or DHL.
LOL, I'm kind of tired of asking why American postage services are so astronomical. Is it just to be rude to the rest of the world or is it just the UK. :)

No offense taken, it's not just you. If I find anything more reasonable I'll get back to you. ;)

No offense taken, it's not just you. If I find anything more reasonable I'll get back to you. ;)
No offence ever meant to you :) and I have one of these already but if I thought it would make it across the pond in one piece and at a reasonable postage cost I would be delighted to buy it from you.

Thanks Bryian, I'm new to this so I haven't even thought of how to complete the transaction should anyone be interested. I'll look into it.
Nothing personal but I have been burned before on items. PayPal is a safe way to deal until people learn you are safe to deal with…just saying. BTW, are the hull parts cut at all or is it DIY.

LOL, I'm kind of tired of asking why American postage services are so astronomical. Is it just to be rude to the rest of the world or is it just the UK. :)
Funny that. I've always wondered by Royal Post was so expensive compare to continental Europe. I love ordering from Cornwall Boats Ltd, but the postage is always a minimum of $17.00 US. I suppose if you factor in Covid's impact on the economy, everything is going way up in price, and it's going to get worse before it gets better, and our current government sure isn't helping matters.

Funny that. I've always wondered by Royal Post was so expensive compare to continental Europe. I love ordering from Cornwall Boats Ltd, but the postage is always a minimum of $17.00 US. I suppose if you factor in Covid's impact on the economy, everything is going way up in price, and it's going to get worse before it gets better, and our current government sure isn't helping matters.
Your lucky you have a government, we just have a bunch self serving idiot liars f**king up our country and nobody better waiting to take over even if we had elections.

Your lucky you have a government, we just have a bunch self serving idiot liars f**king up our country and nobody better waiting to take over even if we had elections.
It isn't much better over on this side of the pond these days. Our economy is actively being sabotaged by politicians hoping that desperate people will hand over more power to them.

That aside, some lucky builder is going to snatch up that Victory model. I had considered building HMS Victory as my first build, but then fell in love with fancy baroque era ships and am still working on those.

Last edited:
To 3L120, most of the parts are DIY.

In general, I suppose I’m a bit naive here. I was hoping for a quick sell domestically (US) to minimize the shipping, hence the low price. I was also hoping on a simple VENMO type transaction to minimize the hassle of payment. If I have to pay a merchant commission then I’d have to raise the price accordIngly. My assumption was that 99.9% of the individuals on this forum were part of the modeling fraternity and fraud (from either buyer or seller) would not be an issue. If this is not a wise way to continue I’d appreciate some advice from the more experienced members.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back