FOR CHRISTMAS TO ME

HI ALL, AS I THINK I KNOW WHAT I WILL GET AMOZON G.C.s QUESTION TO ALL EXPERTS NEED TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE BEST SETS OF WIRE DRILLS I CAN BUY (60 TO 80) AND I AM LOOKING AT A SCROLL SAW BUT THE MICRO MART MODEL NO 87775 AS A SUPPLEMENT TO MY TERRIFIC BAND SAW, THE QUESTION HERE I LOVE THE FENCE/MITER GAUGE JUST WONDER IF THE VIABRITIONS ARE AT AN ACCEPTABLE RANGE NOT LIKE OTHER SCROOL SAWS, THANKS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Scroll saws, just by their nature, have a lot of vibration- (a long arm moving rapidly up and down). To resolve this you can reduce 80% of the vibration by bolting the machine down to a sturdy bench, use rubber washers between the machine and the bench top (Don't ask me how I know). It is important to use the right blades for the material and thickness being cut and always use sharp well tensioned blades, the finer the teeth the less you will feel the vibrations but the longer it takes to cut. Also, make sure there aren't any cut-off pieces interfering with the moving parts.
I didn't use my machine much after I first bought it because the vibrations were annoying, but after doing the above the work pieces seem to glide through.
Oh, and I built under and over dust collection systems that have reduced the dust to almost zero.

Don, I have owned or have used the Delta, Craftsman, Dremel, and Ryobi before I bit the bullet and bought the Dewalt DW778
https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...788/203070202?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US

It is very low vibration and just a joy to use, very controllable and smooth. Blade changes are a snap.. If you are going to scratch build or cut your own frames you will be glad you spent the money. It has a double parallel link arm design and oozes quality. You have to spend a lot more for a Hegner for the same kind of quality although I have heard the Excalibur is a great saw as well for a little more money... pretty much any other less expensive designs are going to be vibrating, unfriendly machines compared to it.... IMHO....

Back