Fantasy Flying Machine 1:30 scale (approx.)

A scratch-built Fantasy Flying machine built from left-over bits and pieces from a number of model kits and scrap from around the house. It's part balloon, part stagecoach, part car and part ship, and of course it flies!! :)
The only thing I had to buy was a paper lantern!
IMG_5108.jpegIMG_5103.jpegIMG_5008.jpegIMG_5112.jpegIMG_5106.jpegIMG_5077.jpegIMG_5074.jpegIMG_5107.jpeg

IMG_5012 2.jpeg

Interesting aircraft. I like. What kind of ship is that under your aircraft? Looks very interesting.

A scratch-built Fantasy Flying machine built from left-over bits and pieces from a number of model kits and scrap from around the house. It's part balloon, part stagecoach, part car and part ship, and of course it flies!! :)
The only thing I had to buy was a paper lantern!
View attachment 384451View attachment 384452View attachment 384454View attachment 384455View attachment 384456View attachment 384457View attachment 384458View attachment 384459

View attachment 384453
Love it! excellent imagination well thought ;)

It's Occre's Ulisses, a tugboat I builView attachment 384517View attachment 384519t a few years ago.
Hi Mate, Yea I have ordered a OcCre Ulises, just hoping I'll get it, still waiting on a conformation Email.
OcCre themselves are sold out.
What did you think of the Boat / the Build.
Your onboard guys, are they the 1:32 Merchant Navy set from Shapeways.
Is their size OK, they looked a bit small on another guys boat.
And I love your "Shy Ship", I have a few of the 3D Wooden Models ones.

P1080217.JPG

I love your flying machine. It has it all - rudders, prop, wheels, paddlewheel, balloon. Our machines would make a great display together.
Ulisses is a good kit. It is the first RC-compatible model that Occre came out with. Quite a few folks have built this RC version - You may find a few build logs here. This was also my first RC model, so for me there was a learning curve to master all the electrical stuff. I took the model into a hobby shop which specializes in RC, and the guy there suggested I change the prop and the prop shaft from the one in the kit. He also outfitted me with all the xtra stuff I would need. Also because it's RC is added epoxy and fiberglass to the hull.

The kit is well designed and not that complicated to build. Parts are of excellent quality and the instructions are first-rate. One of the reasons I buy from Occre (and I have bought a lot of kits) is the quality of their instructions. There is also an Occre builders Facebook Page where you can also find lots of info- photos and technical info about Ulisses.

Hi Mate, Yea I have ordered a OcCre Ulises, just hoping I'll get it, still waiting on a conformation Email.
OcCre themselves are sold out.
What did you think of the Boat / the Build.
Your onboard guys, are they the 1:32 Merchant Navy set from Shapeways.
Is their size OK, they looked a bit small on another guys boat.
And I love your "Shy Ship", I have a few of the 3D Wooden Models ones.

View attachment 446408
See my reply below!

I love your flying machine. It has it all - rudders, prop, wheels, paddlewheel, balloon. Our machines would make a great display together.
Ulisses is a good kit. It is the first RC-compatible model that Occre came out with. Quite a few folks have built this RC version - You may find a few build logs here. This was also my first RC model, so for me there was a learning curve to master all the electrical stuff. I took the model into a hobby shop which specializes in RC, and the guy there suggested I change the prop and the prop shaft from the one in the kit. He also outfitted me with all the xtra stuff I would need. Also because it's RC is added epoxy and fiberglass to the hull.

The kit is well designed and not that complicated to build. Parts are of excellent quality and the instructions are first-rate. One of the reasons I buy from Occre (and I have bought a lot of kits) is the quality of their instructions. There is also an Occre builders Facebook Page where you can also find lots of info- photos and technical info about Ulisses.
I just saw your other question about the crew. I think (my memory is not what it used to be) a set of sailors from Shapeways, 1:30 or 1:32.

Hello Carleroo, thanks for your reply and information.
I will check out any build posts here.
And there is a very good 17 part build on Youtube.
And I'm also currently building the Billings African Queen, I have a MSM Live Steam Plant to go in it.

Back