Experience with the Scheppach air purifier.

Tobias

Staff member
Le Rochefort Moderator

The Scheppach air purifier moved into my workshop at the end of November and after almost 2 months I would like to draw a conclusion here.

eZy Watermark_29-11-2023_04-57-15-6110PM.jpeg

As far as the product itself is concerned, it does its job very well. During the test phase, I didn't have a lot of sanding work to do, so I was all the more surprised by its effectiveness. We are all familiar with the fine dust that settles everywhere in the workshop when we work with hand sanding tools that are not connected to the extraction system. Yes, it is a lot less and the filter looks the same.

eZy Watermark_14-01-2024_12-34-29-0780PM.jpeg

In my estimation, the Scheppach filters approx. 80-90% of the air, but this also depends on the position/location of the device.

As for the price of the Scheppach, the RRP is approx. 198€. At Amazon and Co you can get it from 168€ and when Prime day is also for 129€. It is also possible to buy the identical air purifier from Ixes for approx. 20€ - 30€ less on average.

IMG_1410.png

IMG_1416.png

Regarding the filter, it was often criticized on Amazon that there is no filter to buy. Well, if you went to the Scheppach site a year ago, you were redirected via a link and you could order the filter there, now you can get it via Scheppach.com for about 40€. Important note from my side, "NEVER BLOW OUT FILTERS" always buy new ones.

IMG_1408.png

A few more data on operation. It is operated with a whisper-quiet operation of 50dB. I attach three pictures with a measurement of the respective level 1-3. This was measured with the cell phone and therefore it is only an approximate value and not an absolutely accurate measurement.

DecibelX_20240114_124331.jpeg

DecibelX_20240114_124404.jpeg

As you can see, we are in a noise level range that doesn't bother me personally. We also have the option of controlling the appliance via a remote control and setting a run-on time. In conclusion, I would like to say a clear recommendation to buy from my side.

Many Thanks for your report about your experience.
I just ordered one from Scheppach for my workshop - I hate the dust in the meantime.
BTW: I ordered "B"-quality which means with some scratch or paint-mistakes - price was only 129 Euro (compared to 189 normal price)
If it is hanging above my head I do not care about a scratch on the body of this tool - still 24 months warrenty

Many Thanks for your report about your experience.
I just ordered one from Scheppach for my workshop - I hate the dust in the meantime.
BTW: I ordered "B"-quality which means with some scratch or paint-mistakes - price was only 129 Euro (compared to 189 normal price)
If it is hanging above my head I do not care about a scratch on the body of this tool - still 24 months warrenty

Hello Uwe, yes, I saw that with the B-stock yesterday and as you said, it's hanging on the ceiling anyway, whether it has a scratch doesn't matter. I bought mine on Amazon during Prime days for €131.47

Scheppach was extremely fast in the delivery - yesterday noon ordered and today in the morning delivered

The weekend will be not boring with the installation - and hopefully dustfree workshop afterwards

Once more many thanks for the hint

IMG_4206.jpg

Just a short info about my Scheppach, which was ordered cheaper a B-class quality "with some paint errors"
I checked to complete tool - the only not perfekt part is the electric cable, where the isolation power cable was not completely black - no damage of the cable, only the black colour cam to an end, when they produced this isloation - so it is a little bit white - estethical a "big" problem ;) , but for the 50 Euro lower price......

I am completely happy with this tool

IMG_4217.jpg

Back