English ship of the 3rd rank of the HMS "Devonshire" type series (1692)

Good day to everyone!
As promised in the description of Le Soleil Royal, my father started a new ship. The choice fell, in modern terms, on the heavily modernized HMS Eagle (1679), an English double-decked ship of the 3rd rank from a series of 13 ships of the HMS Devonshire type (1692).

The first steps are cutting out the frames. The material is Pear tree. It's still without glue. Cuts out only the details of the frames. Then he will make a slipway and start gluing.1.jpg

Last edited:
How often does one have the opportunity to observe a true master (and by that, I mean in the context of the master artists, craftsmen and artisans of the Renaissance through the Enlightenment, about 1475-1820) at work in real time?
You can bet I'll be on board for this one! Okay

Peter Gutterman

Landsman, Excited on your new project and pulling up a chair in the third row behind Bill, Shota, Peter, Frank, Ken, Grant, Keith, Jack and Jim. Have fun, Magic Mike

Good day to everyone!
As promised in the description of Le Soleil Royal, my father started a new ship. The choice fell, in modern terms, on the heavily modernized HMS Eagle (1679), an English double-decked ship of the 3rd rank from a series of 13 ships of the HMS Devonshire type (1692).

The first steps are cutting out the frames. The material is Pear tree. It's still without glue. Cuts out only the details of the frames. Then he will make a slipway and start gluing.
Hallo @Landsman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back