ENDURANCE by OCCRE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thank You!
Nope Rustoleum spray cans and Minwax stains.I cant stand that acrylic stuff.
Can't stand acrylic either. Would you mind posting a pic of the stuff you used? If it isn't too much trouble. I'm working on the Endurance next and one of the reasons I chose it was because I loved the dark hull.

You are building a beautiful Endurance. Well done so far.

Can't stand acrylic either. Would you mind posting a pic of the stuff you used? If it isn't too much trouble. I'm working on the Endurance next and one of the reasons I chose it was because I loved the dark hull.
7777830_1018_SPP_12oz_StopsRust_Satin_ProtectiveEnamel_Black_480x480.png
I am using this in the Satin Black and also in Satin white I have half pint cans of brush on to for touch ups the spray gives a better finish but you either have to paint parts before install where possible or mask off what you dont want painted.I then use satin clear spray lacquer as a top coat and for unpainted natural finish parts and dont forget to lightly sand between coats with 220 grit or finer sand paper.

514uZgmq4YL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

View attachment 301124
I am using this in the Satin Black and also in Satin white I have half pint cans of brush on to for touch ups the spray gives a better finish but you either have to paint parts before install where possible or mask off what you dont want painted.I then use satin clear spray lacquer as a top coat and for unpainted natural finish parts and dont forget to lightly sand between coats with 220 grit or finer sand paper.

View attachment 301126
Good morning- your busy shipyard has produced excellent results. A new method for painting for myself thank you. Really came out beautifully. Cheers Grant

View attachment 301124

View attachment 301126
Never would have thought to use spray paint. Great tip. Thanks!

Appreciate the images. I may soon be relocating to a new home in the Carolinas. I have this kit in stock and look at it as a hungry person may view a full course steak meal-with an alcoholic beverage....

I have not posted in quite awhile between health issues on and off and other summer interests.I actually did finish the build very slowly though did not take photos of the progress I do have photos of the completed ship and will post shortly.I have decided to order another model to start in the fall after I close up the boat for the season.I ordered the Amerigo Vespucci by Occre.

I have not posted in quite awhile between health issues on and off and other summer interests.I actually did finish the build very slowly though did not take photos of the progress I do have photos of the completed ship and will post shortly.I have decided to order another model to start in the fall after I close up the boat for the season.I ordered the Amerigo Vespucci by Occre.
Good Morning. I hope you have recovered and are doing well. Looking forward to your pictures of the completed Endurance. It is one of my Favorite models (I have not yet built one tho). The America Vespucci- a good and bold choice. A huge undertaking for sure. Good luck and enjoy. Cheers Grant

Beautiful work, beautiful ship, beautiful example of form and function. Congratulations for it's completion!

Mel R

Back