Endeavour by Occre 1:54 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Merry Christmas everyone. Well after 35 months of build, my Occre Endeavour is finally finished. It has certainly been an epic journey and a big step up from my first build, the Mantua HMS President build. Even my other half is impressed both with my patience and the end build, even allowing me to display it in the family lounge. Overall very pleased with the end result and I have learned SOOOO much from the experience. Attached are a few images of the final ship. My thanks to any input, advice etc. received from SOS members to my questions over the past 3 years ... it has certainly helped progress past some hurdles.

Wishing all SOS members a healthy 2024, and many more hours of happy modelling.

Keith

klyall_endeavour finished_1.jpg
klyall_endeavour finished_2.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_3.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_4.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_6.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_5.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_8.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_10.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_9.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_11.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_12.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_13.jpgklyall_endeavour finished_14.jpg

Congratulations Keith!

Like I remarked before, I am really impressed with your sails. I don't think I will be able to do that, and am now considering of completely omitting them.

Good luck with Endurance.

Congratulations Keith!

Like I remarked before, I am really impressed with your sails. I don't think I will be able to do that, and am now considering of completely omitting them.

Good luck with Endurance.
Thanks Mike. Thanks for the feedback. With regard to the sails I did log what I did Sails or No Sails as a separate thread. That may help you. It is the first time I have added sails and I am pleased I did although it did mean I needed to add the associated running rigging for completeness. If you do change your mind and try sails and have any questions I am more than happy to reply. Best wishes for 2024.

Thanks Mike. Thanks for the feedback. With regard to the sails I did log what I did Sails or No Sails as a separate thread. That may help you. It is the first time I have added sails and I am pleased I did although it did mean I needed to add the associated running rigging for completeness. If you do change your mind and try sails and have any questions I am more than happy to reply. Best wishes for 2024.
Exactly, I have looked into that log. That's why I am scared now. Also best wishes.

Merry Christmas everyone. Well after 35 months of build, my Occre Endeavour is finally finished. It has certainly been an epic journey and a big step up from my first build, the Mantua HMS President build. Even my other half is impressed both with my patience and the end build, even allowing me to display it in the family lounge. Overall very pleased with the end result and I have learned SOOOO much from the experience. Attached are a few images of the final ship. My thanks to any input, advice etc. received from SOS members to my questions over the past 3 years ... it has certainly helped progress past some hurdles.

Wishing all SOS members a healthy 2024, and many more hours of happy modelling.

Keith

View attachment 417606
View attachment 417605View attachment 417604View attachment 417603View attachment 417602View attachment 417601View attachment 417599View attachment 417598View attachment 417597View attachment 417596View attachment 417595View attachment 417594View attachment 417593
Hi Keith. Congratulations on a very nice build, a well presented model and an interesting build log, you should be proud. Ken

Thanks for responding, Keith. Those life boats are fiddly things to work with, aren’t they?
Yes and I have 4 of the little blighters on Endurance. However much prefer that to the kits where they just provide a prefabricated hull.

Hi Keith, well done! A fine model indeed. My Endeavour is still in dry dock awaiting completion of the rigging. I am umming and arring whether to add the sails or not. At most they will be furled. Best regards, Trevor
Thanks Trevor, much appreciated. Although it meant adding all running rigging and working out by a combination of the incomplete Occre plans and a bit of common sense, I am glad I added the furled sails as it in my opinion makes the ship look more complete. I also think the furled sails allows you to see the rigging detail. Good luck with your rigging … will look forward to seeing your completed build.

Back