Dremel Tool info

I have a Dremel Model 300-5 variable speed Moto-tool and I don't have an owners manual for it. Dremel no longer supports this model and I wouls like to keep it running for as long as I can. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Modeling.
Steven

I have a Dremel Model 300-5 variable speed Moto-tool and I don't have an owners manual for it. Dremel no longer supports this model and I wouls like to keep it running for as long as I can. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Happy Modeling.
Steven
Hope these help.

Attachments

• 300_series.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • 300.pdf
    583.8 KB · Views: 23
Thank you for the documents. Unfortunately my Dremel is much older than yours. However, after striking out via Dremel's web site, I made a phone call to them (1-800-437-3635) and asked if a copy of the owners manual for my model was available. It is available and I received it by email within an hour.
Thanks again for your kind effort.
Happy Modeling.
Steven

If you ever re-purchase a Dremel I would suggest to go cordless. It makes an amazing difference.

I haven't looked at Dremel's full line of products, but the cordless units I looked looked at did not have a straight, cylindrical body that could be mounted in the mini router table that I built for my very old Model 300-5 Moto Tool. But getting rid of cords certainly is a huge help in a lot of situations.
Happy Modeling.
Steven

I haven't looked at Dremel's full line of products, but the cordless units I looked looked at did not have a straight, cylindrical body that could be mounted in the mini router table that I built for my very old Model 300-5 Moto Tool. But getting rid of cords certainly is a huge help in a lot of situations.
Happy Modeling.
Steven
Can you make a custom mount?

I thought about trying a custom mount, but I was worried that the taper , in so many directions, would be risky. If my older, cylindrical Moto Tool becomes un-repairable, I will certainly look into it.

My original Dremel finally wore out and was discontinued by Dremel, so I started looking at battery powered units. I settled on the new "Dremel Lite 7760". I also added a new accessory upgrade kit to go along with my older accessories. The 7760 comes with a 2.0 Ah lithium battery and has four speed settings ranging from 8000 to 25000 RPM's. Lightweight and a great tool. Love it!
Magic Mike

My original Dremel finally wore out and was discontinued by Dremel, so I started looking at battery powered units. I settled on the new "Dremel Lite 7760". I also added a new accessory upgrade kit to go along with my older accessories. The 7760 comes with a 2.0 Ah lithium battery and has four speed settings ranging from 8000 to 25000 RPM's. Lightweight and a great tool. Love it!
Magic Mike
I have an old Craftsman rotary tool form 1988 . It must be over 40 years old. It finally broke at the coupling between the motor and the collet. I'm going to have to machine a new one. The coupling was replaced with a Dremel one since some of the old parts including the chuck and collets fit both tools. I'd gladly give it to another member here who desperately needs one. The trouble is that postage would cost more than the value of the tool. :D

1988 Craftsman Rotary Tool.jpg

You know that Craftsman didn't produce much as far as a brand name, they just bought best items and had manufacture rebrand them most of the time.

So it's good odds that the Craftsman tool was made by Dremel.

Back