Doubts on Bob Read blueprint

Hey guys

I have some questions and I don't know if this is the right area, if not, please correct me.

I'm a beginner in this area of model building, I'm much more familiar with building pre-assembled kits where I don't have much concern with size, scale, plans, etc.

My question is, I'm following Bob Read blueprints, which has the Rms Titanic blueprints in 1/144 scale, which is a size that I would like to be putting my imagination into practice and because of the size of the model as well.

This blueprint basically has what I need to build the hull, I would like to know how I can print these blueprints in size referring to scale?

It also has the molds from the caves to assemble the skeleton of the hull, how to reproduce it in wood to make the cuts?
Can I use the cave plan to laser cut them? If so, how to do it?
Or reproduce it in the wood and cut it manually? If that's the option, what is the way to transfer this to the wood in the correct scale?

You would have to play with printer scaling setting on your printer to get a correct scale. Just trial and error. Print. Measure results. Correct printer settings. Print again till the size of print you got is right.

Back