Do you file taxes ?

I just got finished with my tax return.There must be an easyer way.Both federal and state.I dont mind paying taxes but the paperwork is a pain in the neck.
Do you have to file taxes in the country you live in? Like in England does the VAT take care of all your taxes?
Larry

Yep, it takes me a while since I am a self made millionaire --- :laughing-rofl: Please -- just kidding folks. I have a CPA that has been doing mine for years as I know very little about it.

I would probably make some huge mistake -- then,,,and besides, I don't look good in green and white stripes. It does not appeal to my body shape. Nor do I look good in that orange jumpsuit. I guess the color Orange is ok, but just don't like jumpsuits - hard to get out of when you have to.

Lately I start to mind paying taxes, as everything gets more 'n more expensive due to the increase in VAT and excise-duties. Increased thresholds e.g. health insurance: we need to pay a certain amount ourselves first before the insurance will be paying the bills, some items are no longer a part of the insurance package, etc.

Furthermore, the EC squanders money like the governments in the countries within the EC. When a shortage is found ... 'press' it from those that work (national), get it from the richest(?) countries (EC).

To fill in my tax return ... it takes me about 2 days to prepare and 1 hour to enter the data in the electronic form. So far it's not to bad.

Rummy,

In Holland we have income tax, and VAT. VAT is rather simple, though income tax can be a drag and complicated for some of us

Back