Correct Alignment When Drilling

Here is the link. They are made in Germany and are a bit pricy but...you get what you paid for! Highly recommend.

BTW. I don't work for this store...
I've just bought a set 0.5 - 1.2mm & can confirm they do cut well. I needed bigger shanks to use in my new Proxxon long nose drill & flexi. drive as a chuck cannot be used, although I've found a micro chuck with a straight shank will fit one of the collets. I bought this drill because being long nosed (20mm dia & the flexi. at 16 mm) it can reach into cramped spaces, the Dremel is, I found , too bulky. I use a foot switch as I find the on/off switches are in awkward positions on the tools, & it gives a better control. The set cost £21 here.

Thanks for your input Jim. I think the real problem is me, rather than the tools.
I have the same issues…the older I get the more unsteady of hand I get and the more my eyes grow dim…I have made a mess of more than one cat head…I try hard to drill these holes using a Dremel in a drill press rig before I attach to the model. :)

I've just bought a set 0.5 - 1.2mm & can confirm they do cut well. I needed bigger shanks to use in my new Proxxon long nose drill & flexi. drive as a chuck cannot be used, although I've found a micro chuck with a straight shank will fit one of the collets. I bought this drill because being long nosed (20mm dia & the flexi. at 16 mm) it can reach into cramped spaces, the Dremel is, I found , too bulky. I use a foot switch as I find the on/off switches are in awkward positions on the tools, & it gives a better control. The set cost £21 here.
Thanks Stuart. I will give these bits serious consideration for my next (?) build. This initial build is a steep learning curve and showing me all I need to know. I will emerge a committed builder or a former builder.

You can just mill the proxxon's end "cap" with 9 mm

20211212_121806.jpg

Back