Clamps?

I saw this clamp somewhere on the web and decided to make some for myself. I made them a bit large and a bit small. One takes a 4-40 screw and the other a 2-56 screw. Drew the clamp body up in Fusion 360 then exported it as a 3D file.... I also decided to print little screw caps for the screws because my old fat fingers need all the help they can get.2024-01-31.png20240223_075100.jpg20240223_075108.jpg20240223_075049.jpg

I saw this clamp somewhere on the web and decided to make some for myself. I made them a bit large and a bit small. One takes a 4-40 screw and the other a 2-56 screw. Drew the clamp body up in Fusion 360 then exported it as a 3D file.... I also decided to print little screw caps for the screws because my old fat fingers need all the help they can get.View attachment 430075View attachment 430076View attachment 430077View attachment 430078
Hi Phil, are willing to share the STL files for these clamps and knobs? Or perhaps you have them listed on Thingiverse.com … I haven’t looked…

Hi Phil, are willing to share the STL files for these clamps and knobs? Or perhaps you have them listed on Thingiverse.com … I haven’t looked…
I'll post the STL when I get a chance to get on my computer....I don't have it here on my tablet....Sorry for taking so long - today was busy (I had to uncover and open our pool then was commandeered by my better half in doing yardwork)

I'll post the STL when I get a chance to get on my computer....I don't have it here on my tablet....Sorry for taking so long - today was busy (I had to uncover and open our pool then was commandeered by my better half in doing yardwork)
Thanks Phil. I know the feeling! Spring time and the honey do jar gets full quickly!

Thanks Phil. I know the feeling! Spring time and the honey do jar gets full quickly!
please see attached - and I found that 2-56 socket head cap screws work great. The brackets do have to be tapped BTW.....I drew these up in Fusion 360...

Attachments

• Planking Bracket 1 _6-32.stl
    109.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Planking Bracket 2_4-40.stl
    110.2 KB · Views: 11
I saw this clamp somewhere on the web and decided to make some for myself. I made them a bit large and a bit small. One takes a 4-40 screw and the other a 2-56 screw. Drew the clamp body up in Fusion 360 then exported it as a 3D file.... I also decided to print little screw caps for the screws because my old fat fingers need all the help they can get.View attachment 430075View attachment 430076View attachment 430077View attachment 430078
Wow they look nice.
Can you post a photo of the clamps in action?
Are you sure you have enough for yourself , or are you planning to sell them?

Back