Cheap solution for mostly overpriced jigsaws for your jigsaw machine

I bought me an electric jigsaw machine. It was second hand and I had to buy special jigsaws for it. These where not cheap to buy. Just a few for almost 10 euro. For my handsaw I got for that price almost 100 piece and they are also smaller and not so big. So more accurate. The jigsaws for the machine have a pin in the ends to hold it in the machine. After thinking for a solution I had an idea. I bought 10 tubes (lenght 16 mm) with M4 internal thread and 20 pieces of M4 bolts (lenght 12 mm).

I drilled in 6 tubes a hole of 1 mm. and in 4 tubes 1,2 mm for the little bigger jigsaw blades. The pictures below speak on the own.

The original jigsaw blade
IMG_2706.JPG

the cheap hand jigsaw blades
IMG_2707.JPG

The solution
IMG_2708.JPGIMG_2709.JPGIMG_2710.JPG

Works perfect and because of the many tooth per inch of the blade the cut is perfect, looks like sanded.

The blade is just pinched between the two screws? And that holds? Great Idea but I would never have thought that would work :) :)
Yes, I flatten the screws a bit for more meat that hold the blade. Yes it holes, is strong ans it works perfect.

I bought me an electric jigsaw machine. It was second hand and I had to buy special jigsaws for it. These where not cheap to buy. Just a few for almost 10 euro. For my handsaw I got for that price almost 100 piece and they are also smaller and not so big. So more accurate. The jigsaws for the machine have a pin in the ends to hold it in the machine. After thinking for a solution I had an idea. I bought 10 tubes (lenght 16 mm) with M4 internal thread and 20 pieces of M4 bolts (lenght 12 mm).

I drilled in 6 tubes a hole of 1 mm. and in 4 tubes 1,2 mm for the little bigger jigsaw blades. The pictures below speak on the own.

View attachment 323814

View attachment 323815

The solution
View attachment 323816View attachment 323817View attachment 323818

Works perfect and because of the many tooth per inch of the blade the cut is perfect, looks like sanded.
Brilliant!! It is called thinking out of the box!

View attachment 323814

View attachment 323815

The solution
View attachment 323816View attachment 323817View attachment 323818

Love the way you think Stephan, great work.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Back