Cast Your Anchor Hobby Shop

Is anyone aware of whether if this model ship supplier in the Toronto, Canada area is still open. Placed an order in late December, online query shows order was cancelled. No replies to phone calls or emails. However, website is still up. Thanks.

Is anyone aware of whether if this model ship supplier in the Toronto, Canada area is still open. Placed an order in late December, online query shows order was cancelled. No replies to phone calls or emails. However, website is still up. Thanks.
Years ago I went to the posted address for this place to make a purchase and they were nowhere to be seen. No one I asked seemed to know anything about them. As to currently I don’t have a clue. I believe the address at the time was in Scarborough. Is it still the same?

Thanks my previous order was in April of last year;,received promptly. I know they’ve only been an online story for at least 3 years. Mailing address is in Scarborough. With no responses can only assume they’re out of business.

He did have a brick & mortar shop years ago. But I think they have lost interest. I like to support local, but not when frustration is experience.

Good question…the web site seems active and current…have you tried the contact phone numbers and or email addresses as listed on the website?

I have ordered things in the past from them, including a couple of model ships without any issues. But, I would call to make sure they are still around. It's not a big operation, if I am not mistaken, and last I remember the name of the lady that handles all the orders is Sandra.

Cast Your Anchor Inc.
Bus. Hours: Mon thru Fri 10am – 5pm EST
Phone: 416-686-8529 Toll free: 1-866-686-8529
Email: castyouranchor@bellnet.ca

Good question…the web site seems active and current…have you tried the contact phone numbers and or email addresses as listed on the website?
Agreed. Web site appears active. Phone still connected, 3 messages left, no response. 2 emails, no response. ??

I have ordered things in the past from them, including a couple of model ships without any issues. But, I would call to make sure they are still around. It's not a big operation, if I am not mistaken, and last I remember the name of the lady that handles all the orders is Sandra.

Cast Your Anchor Inc.
Bus. Hours: Mon thru Fri 10am – 5pm EST
Phone: 416-686-8529 Toll free: 1-866-686-8529
Email: castyouranchor@bellnet.ca
As per my previous responses, no problem a few months ago. 3 phone messages left, no response. 2 emails no response.

As per my previous responses, no problem a few months ago. 3 phone messages left, no response. 2 emails no response.
I think you have your answer, then. If she isn't responding then chances are they are no longer in business. Previously I have found them very responsive in both phone and email.

You might want to check out https://www.greathobbies.com/ as well

I have many contacts, and promp service but have not contacted them in the new year

Capt. J Sparrow….. great hobbies is an excellent source. Their on line store is amazing. I have been to both locations in Toronto area. knowledgeable staff, friendly and I would highly recommend checking them out.
My issue is the Oshawa location is only 3 minutes out of the way on my trip home from work. If i listen hard enough, I can hear stuff calling my name….. “ buy me…. Come buy me…. GET IN HERE ! you need this

Capt. J Sparrow….. great hobbies is an excellent source. Their on line store is amazing. I have been to both locations in Toronto area. knowledgeable staff, friendly and I would highly recommend checking them out.
My issue is the Oshawa location is only 3 minutes out of the way on my trip home from work. If i listen hard enough, I can hear stuff calling my name….. “ buy me…. Come buy me…. GET IN HERE ! you need this
I hear you. I live in New Brunswick and I swear when all is quiet and I am alone in the house, I hear the calling from their Charlottetown office.

I think you have your answer, then. If she isn't responding then chances are they are no longer in business. Previously I have found them very responsive in both phone and email.

You might want to check out https://www.greathobbies.com/ as well
Thank#, I’ve used and visited Great Hobbies, nice selection of goods.
i eventually did hear back from Cast Your Anchor early this week. They were away for some time and had issues with voice mail, not sure why they didn’t answer my emails. However, they did reinstate my order from December, processed and shipped, should receive early next week.

Thank#, I’ve used and visited Great Hobbies, nice selection of goods.
i eventually did hear back from Cast Your Anchor early this week. They were away for some time and had issues with voice mail, not sure why they didn’t answer my emails. However, they did reinstate my order from December, processed and shipped, should receive early next week.
Thank goodness. Glad it worked out for you.

Back