Capt. John Smith's shallop kit by Pavel Nikitin [COMPLETED BUILD]

I used the airbrush to darken the sails. The base now has the two maps of Smith's journeys around the Chesapeake on it, and I just glued down the cradle and the hull. I need to solder the battery and switch to the leads for the LED light in the lantern. A drawer goes in the empty space in front to hold the switch. The sides of the case are finished and the pieces for the top are cut but need to be painted before installing them. I can see light at the end of the tunnel!
View attachment 398955
Good evening Guy. Lovely model. I like the map base. Cheers Grant

I have finished coiling and gluing all the loose lines, glued the cradle to the board and the boat to the cradle. Fished the lead wires through a hole in the baseboard and soldered them to the battery & switch. I set the case on top of the baseboard. What remains to be done is to paint and glue the top of the case, a similar 1/2 inch wood frame with glass. The drawer holds the battery and switch, and the maps show Capt. Smith's routes as he explored the bay in 1607 and two other years.
shallop in case .jpg

Congratulations for finishing this great (small) boat model - very well done Thumbsup

I started this kit in Nov. 2022, and have been keeping a log with comments and pictures. It is a Word document, attached below. I can convert it to pdf if anyone wishes. This is my first log here in SOS so learning as I go. I can attach updated logs as I make progress, or post pictures, questions, and comments one at a time here in this thread.
3429c536-c8a3-4659-a688-064ec14b27bf
Hallo @GuyH
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hello! Very beautiful boat! and the build log is interesting! Best wishes Egor! :p

Back