Canadian Sternwheeler Completed

This is a western Canadian sternwheeler from 1903. The kit is from Interaction Hobbies. It came with wiring and LED lights.

The kit is very well designed and executed. Everything fits with very little sanding or correcting. The instruction booklets (2) are excellent. The only criticisms I have is that the wood used is basswood which is fragile and the decals are not very good. But, these are minor issues. I have no hesitation in recommending this kit.

The boiler and engines are very detailed although a lot of the detail can’t be seen on the completed model. But, they were fun to build and showed how the real ship worked. I added details like crates, boxes and figures. Also a firewood box and firewood.

I am very grateful to fellow SOS member Carlroo for making me aware of this kit by posting it on the site, as well as giving me a lot of help on the wiring and soldering. The wiring was very challenging since I had not installed lighting on a model for many years and I forgot how I did it.IMG_0920.jpegIMG_0483.jpegIMG_0484.jpegIMG_0913.jpegIMG_0915.jpegIMG_0911.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice vessel. I particularly like working sternwheelers, not the ornate riverboat style we see so often.

This is a western Canadian sternwheeler from 1903. The kit is from Interaction Hobbies. It came with wiring and LED lights.

The kit is very well designed and executed. Everything fits with very little sanding or correcting. The instruction booklets (2) are excellent. The only criticisms I have is that the wood used is basswood which is fragile and the decals are not very good. But, these are minor issues. I have no hesitation in recommending this kit.

The boiler and engines are very detailed although a lot of the detail can’t be seen on the completed model. But, they were fun to build and showed how the real ship worked. I added details like crates, boxes and figures. Also a firewood box and firewood.

I am very grateful to fellow SOS member Carlroo for making me aware of this kit by posting it on the site, as well as giving me a lot of help on the wiring and soldering. The wiring was very challenging since I had not installed lighting on a model for many years and I forgot how I did it.View attachment 434877View attachment 434878View attachment 434879View attachment 434880View attachment 434881View attachment 434882
Always nice to see another paddle steamer. You made a lovely detailed steamer.
Regards, Peter

Back