Can light dimmer be used with Proxxon FET saw to slow the motor down?

he wood mostly get burned by a dull blade or when the saw blade is not p

Thanks, Steef66,

Be sure I checked a hundred times if the fence is parallel and the blade is brand new and awfully sharp. Wood burns because it is hard maple. This wood would always have tendency to leave burn marks. Last resort, I was thinking reducing a blade speed a bit to see if it is possible the maple not to burn on my machine.

What Proxxon dimmer are you speaking of? Never heard of it.

I don't believe there is a speed control on the FET like there is on the Micro-Mark MicroLux® Mini Tilt Arbor Table Saw. I don't see one. I'll google it and let you know if there is a device to control blade speed.

Occasionally wood got burned when sawing due to blade speed too high. Can light dimmer be used with Proxxon FET saw to slow the motor down?
Most times the wood burns while sawing because of an incorrect blade for the type\sicknesses of the timber. Slowing the motor down will kill the motor unless you are using reduction gear (which is not the case with most table saws). Just have a moment a check the latest Olga videos when she cut 1-inch thick timbers. It is very smooth and clean. She used carbide tipped blade. Also, the thicker\harder wood you have to cut, then use the blade with the fewest teeth. Another suggestion is to move the 'exit' side of the guide just a notch away from the blade. I am using this blade.

1690152401050.png

Hi, Jimsky. Thanks for replying. Could you please take a piece of hard maple and cut it with your blade? Could you let me know if you have burn marks?

Buy the way blade you show will not fit into my saw. My saw takes 85 mm maximum diameter blade.
Also I all my blades are tungsten carbide.

Hi, Jimsky. Thanks for replying. Could you please take a piece of hard maple and cut it with your blade? Could you let me know if you have burn marks?
I will have to find the hard maple in my stash...but, before I do that, I can tell you that I cut the boxwood (Castello) and Pearwood without any burn marks.

I use a similar blade like Jimsky posted and cut hard maple on my Byrnes saw without any burning.
Also if you are not using a carbide tipped blade and your blade is the same thickness (Sans carbide inserts) you are probably pinching the blade which will cause burning.

Make sure your fence is parallel to the saw blade.
Use the right saw blade for your wood. The one you show us is not a saw to use for hardwood.
The best is that you use a blade with carbid teeth like Jim showen you. Proxxon got 2 types. 1 got less teeth. That is for thicker cuts.
For all types of wood the speed is almost the same on my saw, just the sawblade makes the difference. The lower speed is for non ferro metals and hard plastics or stone/glass.
Also what pebble mentioned, low feeding speed.

Here is the speed control of the FET
20230724_082518.jpg
This is the the machine micro-mark copied.
If there is a speed control on the new type of Proxxon FET, I don't know. If there isn't it will be not necessary.

The actual FET has no speed control anymore (I think)
Died you check, if the axle on which the blade is fixed is really running round?

Here's an interesting and helpful guide to understanding different types of saw blades. Choosing the right blade with the proper tooth configuration is key. If you are ripping, use a blade designed for ripping. There are many manufacturers that make 85mm diameter blades... just make sure the arbor diameter fits. Also, as mentioned above, watch your feed rate. As to a light dimmer for a speed control... NO... it will damage the motor. If you are dead set on solving your problem by slowing the motor down, then purchase a speed controller made for AC motors... not light bulbs. Hope this helps.
...henry

Back