Caf Model CAF La Renommee 1744 1:48

Very good modelling - great work my friend

I am really happy to learn a new knowledge,But the more I know, the more problems I have。
I have another question, there is still a big gap between Cable and Hawseholes. Do we need to use hemp rope or canvas to plug this gap during navigation?In my opinion, this gap seems to need to be filled

I am really happy to learn a new knowledge,But the more I know, the more problems I have。
I have another question, there is still a big gap between Cable and Hawseholes. Do we need to use hemp rope or canvas to plug this gap during navigation?In my opinion, this gap seems to need to be filled
Hawse holes, while necessary and important elements that allowed a ship to anchor safely when needed, were, after all, fairly large holes in the bow. They, could, in heavy weather, admit large quantities of water into a vessel. To prevent this, “hawse bags” and “hawse plugs” were employed. The former were bags of oakum that were used to stop up hawse holes, and the latter were literally plugs driven into the holes to prevent water from flooding the gun deck.

IMG_0249.jpeg

Back