Bushnell’s Turtle (1776)

TB2

David Bushnell was an American inventor who strived to develop a submersible that would combat the British during the War of Independence. Subsequently, the Turtle became the first submarine with a documented record of use in combat. The screw on top was designed to drill into the hull of a ship from underneath, at which time the tethered mine (or “torpedo” as I’ve also seen it referred to) would be released and then detonate. Unfortunately its operator, Ezra Lee, was unable to carry out this task against the British flagship HMS Eagle as the drill would not penetrate the hull.

This kit is a wonderful 3D-printed, 1/32 scale release from Mousemuffins Design0BC5295B-D106-4B21-9876-CB865393A17B.jpeg. It also contains a PE fret, brass rod, nice quality string and a sheet of pre-cut clear windows. I built it box stock. The kit comes with the display stand which I added internal weight to before spraying black. I made the base using a plastic car speaker surround, the smaller stand which displays the shell half is a modified part from my spares bin.

61D22DF3-C013-4B2F-9C7F-D1189D43D297.jpeg

6F371151-BADA-46B4-A43B-D8D46851E418.jpeg

DA65DD35-91AE-42B0-ABB3-0005F724CFB1.jpeg

Very good executed - Bravo - you made a great and highly interesting model

For everybody interested in this amazing kit, please take a look at this topic, where our member @Mousemuffins is describing in detail the devolpment phasis of this remarkable model:

Very good executed - Bravo - you made a great and highly interesting model

For everybody interested in this amazing kit, please take a look at this topic, where our member @Mousemuffins is describing in detail the devolpment phasis of this remarkable model:

Thanks Uwek!

David Bushnell was an American inventor who strived to develop a submersible that would combat the British during the War of Independence. Subsequently, the Turtle became the first submarine with a documented record of use in combat. The screw on top was designed to drill into the hull of a ship from underneath, at which time the tethered mine (or “torpedo” as I’ve also seen it referred to) would be released and then detonate. Unfortunately its operator, Ezra Lee, was unable to carry out this task against the British flagship HMS Eagle as the drill would not penetrate the hull.

This kit is a wonderful 3D-printed, 1/32 scale release from Mousemuffins DesignView attachment 346929. It also contains a PE fret, brass rod, nice quality string and a sheet of pre-cut clear windows. I built it box stock. The kit comes with the display stand which I added internal weight to before spraying black. I made the base using a plastic car speaker surround, the smaller stand which displays the shell half is a modified part from my spares bin.

View attachment 346930

View attachment 346931

View attachment 346932
Hallo @TB2
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back