Building the model ship Gorch Fock, by OcCre

Hello, I am new to this forum, and am currently building the Gorch Fock. This is my third model ship build from OcCre. They put out great products. I have sent them several messages on their web site, but never got a response, so I am reaching out here. In the build there is an Eagle which get mounted to the bow of the ship. When I pre-fit the Eagle the wings are spread out flat so it does not contour to the hull shape. I am not sure what the eagle is made from, it feels like some sort of metal.
My Question here is can I bend the wings up so the eagle meets the contour of the hull? I don't want to break this, so I want to see if anyone here had built this ship and may know the answer.

Hallo
and a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
is it possible to make a photos of the agle, so we can see and identify better the material he is made of?

Hello, I am new to this forum, and am currently building the Gorch Fock. This is my third model ship build from OcCre. They put out great products. I have sent them several messages on their web site, but never got a response, so I am reaching out here. In the build there is an Eagle which get mounted to the bow of the ship. When I pre-fit the Eagle the wings are spread out flat so it does not contour to the hull shape. I am not sure what the eagle is made from, it feels like some sort of metal.
My Question here is can I bend the wings up so the eagle meets the contour of the hull? I don't want to break this, so I want to see if anyone here had built this ship and may know the answer.
Hallo @Superman42
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Jak postępy?
Proszę o kilka fotek i wskazówek, bo jak zakończę galerię "La Real", aby dojść właśnie do "Gorch fock".
Pozdrawiam.

How's the progress?
I am asking for some photos and tips, because when I finish the gallery "La Real" to get to "Gorch fock".
Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
There is one modeler who is currently building the GOrch Fock
It's the Mantua kit
See HERE
This may help you

Jak postępy?
Proszę o kilka fotek i wskazówek, bo jak zakończę galerię "La Real", aby dojść właśnie do "Gorch fock".
Pozdrawiam.

How's the progress?
I am asking for some photos and tips, because when I finish the gallery "La Real" to get to "Gorch fock".
Regards.
unfortunately @Superman42 was not online any more here in our forum, but please follow the link given by @Gilbertm

I am considering buying the Occre kit Gorch Fock as my next build one my endurance is complete.
Are you able to post some photos of your progress? I would be interested in how Occre supply the detail of the deck furniture and the RIB. Do they look too plastic?
Also the sails. I was not happy with the sails supplied with the Endurance as the edges were finished with overlocking stitch. I bought more sail cloth and made my own but I see there are a lot more sails on the GF.
If you can post some photos then I'm sure I am not the only one that would be interested.

I am considering this as well. Also my third build.
I can't find much about the Occre kit. There doesn't seem to be a build log on SOS.
The Mantua kit is very different so is it meant to be the original ship, or the 1958 (GFII)? The Occre one has RIB's on the deck so is the ship as it is now after refurbishment.
Which one had a green hull? The latest pictures all show a red hull.
I'm confused.
Anyone able to help?

Back