BUILD LOG: SOLEIL ROYAL - TRYING TO ENHANCE KIT DeA [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello and happy new year!
I have issues with burnishing the cannon barrels. They are not made of brass, rather it must be an alloy of lead and tin.
I bought a chemical product named krick that is good for brass only. Any suggest is welcome.
Thank you

Update.
Lo scafo è pronto per la posa del fasciame. Ho rinforzato l'opera viva con blocchetti di abete tagliati a misura e sagomati. Infatti farò un solo strato di fasciame perché ho previsto di verniciarla di bianco. Resterà a vista il fasciame dell'opera morta, salvo la parte superiore delle murate che va per forza dipinta.

View attachment 336131

View attachment 336132
I like very much the filling between the bulkheads. well done.
as far I can see, this model is from DeAgostine@de-but the manufacturer is the Spanish Artesania Espanola. I have downloaded in PDF format until delivery 50.

I like very much the filling between the bulkheads. well done.
as far I can see, this model is from DeAgostine@de-but the manufacturer is the Spanish Artesania Espanola. I have downloaded in PDF format until delivery 50.
Yes, the basic kit is by DeA that was all in natural wood, meanwhile Artesania version is full painted. So I made some researches and this is the result I came up with.

One question...Looking at the title of your build log... why try to enhance, when you can bash beyond believable boundaries! :p
Great looking ship model! ;)

The bronze colour is maybe looking better than the earlier black paint. I guess the original vessel had bronze guns?
But with the new colour the form and decoration (coat of arms etc.) are more visible.
And to be very honest - this barrel is not looking very realistic - I never saw such a form and the ornaments and the rings are outscale - maybe you should try to get different muzzles, which would fit better - just a comment related to the kit content
Are these the muzzles for the visible guns on the upper decks or the lower decks?

Maybe here it looks better.
They are kit material and must be placed on the central deck. I agree with you that theese guns look unusuals and their scale is not perfect, anyway they will be covered by the catwalk and only their back will be visible, so I think I will leave them as they are.

1676984735316.jpg

Soleil Royal update.
After having mounted on the deck the guns supplied by the kit, I spent a few days looking at them and I realized that they were really a crap, as well as off scale.
I replaced them with others and the result looks good to me.
They are not the originals of the ship but as they remain almost completely covered, I don't think I need to go further crazy.
I owe Uwek a thank for making me to open my eyes.

1677233941615.jpg

Back