BUILD LOG: SOLEIL ROYAL - TRYING TO ENHANCE KIT DeA [COMPLETED BUILD]

The drawings of the masts and maneuvers provided by the kit were wrong, so I made a research on my own basicly on "The encyclopedia of naval scale modeling" by Orazio Curti. The funny thing is that along the kit, DeA provided also a big manual of naval architecture, which is made very well and matches with Curti's book, but the kit is completely different.
Considering that theese kits are also quite expensives, this will be the last time I will buy one of them.
I've found some of the highest quality, they too are expensives but high quality is mandatory.
Well, I think in a month or two you will see my Soleil Royal done, thereafter my next work will be a pof model, it will be my first time with that kind, let's hope I will be able to make it.
:)

The best quality model is a model you made yourself. POF ? Nice. After such work i expect something special from you. Soleil looks great. Regards.

also from my side Congratulations for finishing her - well Done !

Thanks to all of you.
My next project is already on the table: it's a POV model, my first one, but I'm not sure if it could be interesting as there is another one in progress: it is Le Requin (a ZHL kit), scale 1:48.

Thanks to all of you.
My next project is already on the table: it's a POV model, my first one, but I'm not sure if it could be interesting as there is another one in progress: it is Le Requin (a ZHL kit), scale 1:48.
Of cause the build will be much of interest!! Please start the build log!

Here you are, the new building log:

Back