Bisquine de Cancale

Fantastic work on a great little boat, congratulations Kerz Atao. Perfect. JJ.

I am impressed by your workmanship - just "BRAVO"
very prezise and accurate work - the wood, but also especially the metal works
In which scale is this model?

On Ebay you can regularly find Jean Le Bot's monograph which I highly recommend.
For example this link :

Hello
Extraordinary and detailed work
I love painted boats without scale errors like your model
My congratulations
All the bestOkayThumbs-Up

Excellent!

En 1996 j'ai construit même maquette et aujourd'hui j'ai mis des photos sur 'Submit Images of Completed models here'

Hello,
A small step by step for making tiny pulleys. For this size I did not plan to make the sheaves.

According to the drawing below I needed 90 caliber pulleys in 1/33 scale.

poulie-bois-a-anse-simple-rea-marine-ACPB1R02-2.jpg

Shaping a 0.3 mm brass strip
IMG_5861.jpg

Installation and gluing of the folding obtained on a pear slat 0.5 mm thick.
Decrease in the thickness of the brass band on both sides.
Cutting and gluing of the flanges obtained from a pearwood slat grooved to the width and thickness of the brass strip.
IMG_5865.jpg
IMG_5866.jpg

Shaping of the ring and draft of the pulley box.IMG_5868.jpg

Pulley finish
IMG_5869.jpg
IMG_5876.jpg

The top pulley was miserable and it went to waste.IMG_5877.jpg

This one, with the additional sheaves, was manufactured on the same principle as above but the assembly was completed on the fitting ring.IMG_5879.jpg

And here is the finished assembly, temporarily moored.IMG_6959.jpg

For the details the macro photographs do not forgive.:mad:

Last edited:
wonderfull work on the block

Additional Info:
I moved your topic to the area of scratch builds - original it was in the area for kits

Hello,
Thank you for this attention.
To tell the truth, I temporarily stopped the construction of the bisquine ''La Perle'' because last November I took out of a box a work started in 2010 and which concerns the realization of a model of the frame of the Artesian.
I plan to finish this bisquine soon and I will not fail to present to you the progress.
Best regards.
Dan

November

IMG_6178.jpg

February

IMG_7573.jpg

Hello,
Thank you for this attention.
To tell the truth, I temporarily stopped the construction of the bisquine ''La Perle'' because last November I took out of a box a work started in 2010 and which concerns the realization of a model of the frame of the Artesian.
I plan to finish this bisquine soon and I will not fail to present to you the progress.
Best regards.
Dan

November

View attachment 355364

February

View attachment 355368
Oh Ho
off course we would also like to see your work on the Le Artesian..... would be great if you would also show us this model
For everybody interested, here the link to the great monograph - a really beautiful ship

Back