Beware the Coffee

Please let me know if you think it’s time I give the hobby up:
Today I was applying linseed oil to my ship model, second coat, while enjoying a nice cup of coffee. About 15 minutes into it I noticed the oil looked quite different on the hull.
Replaying it in my mind it was obvious that I had dunked my brush into the beverage instead of the oil. I think I’m getting old.
What do you think?

P.S. The coffee still tasted quite good.

Today I was applying linseed oil to my ship model, second coat, while enjoying a nice cup of coffee. About 15 minutes into it I noticed the oil looked quite different on the hull.
Replaying it in my mind it was obvious that I had dunked my brush into the beverage instead of the oil. I think I’m getting old.
What do you think?

My latest was pouring the hot water into the coffee jar instead of the coffee maker. I'll have to be more careful with my linseed oil now. Too many things to work out.... ;)

Just coffee on the ship, no big deal but if you had taken a sip of the linseed oil I would think it was time to leave the coffee in the house.

What do you think?

The problem is that you used the wrong material for the first coat!

One of my friends told me that he was working on a model while drinking a coffee. He was using a coffee cup to rinse brushes out and he accidentally drank the brush rinse water and not the coffee.

Thanks for the laugh…. I’ve put a few things in my coffee ( milk or vodka or chocolate liquors etc ) but linseed oil is a new one. Any after taste to it ?

Well what can I say, my advice is just take a cup of coffee when things go wrong. I ment to drink it, not to use it. ROTF

What do you think?

Maybe " Brain Damage " ....... do it all the time , old is when your looking for your phone , and it's in your hand ..............................

Back