best kits

I guess there is no definite answer. All opinions are subjective and matter of preference and taste. Do you have a particular ship you want to build? This should narrow down the choices. I will give you an example: to build a HMS Victory, many manufacturers are making Victory kits. I will take the blame and say that Cladercraft's Victory is one of today's best kits, with material, fittings, and plans. Someone will disagree and say Occre's is the best, and another one will choose A. Latina's... Who is right?

I agree with all the previous answers. It depends on what your qualities are that make it best. It's like asking what the best road vehicle is. Do you need something that goes fast, or something that carries a lot of cargo, or something that carries a lot of people, or something that gets great gas mileage, or something that is reliable? :)

I agree too with all the previous answers. Maybe decide what you would like to build and how big the model should be. Every company is good. One has better instructions, another has better wood, and the next has details for the plan. It's hard to say. The Chinese models are very good, but the instructions are bad.

I have occre great unit but at times I get little lost.
Occre has some of the simplest and easiest models to build with instructions. For a start, you won't find anything better.
If the instructions are complicated for you, it is worth watching some videos or looking for log on the forum. Alternatively, look for a smaller, simpler model. You can also write what the problem is and someone will help you.

well just a few things like the dye their use people say mahogany red.is the same as sapelli Acrylic dye. its not the same

well just a few things like the dye their use people say mahogany red.is the same as sapelli Acrylic dye. its not the same
well, I would say a good rule of thumb is that if it has a different name, it's different. :) Use the one you like more. Is this for the inside of the bulwarks?

As someone who is partially disabled, I don't have the mobility to get around a wood-working shop anymore, even though I have the experience with all wood-working tools. I'm restricted, basically, to plastic kits, with as much rigging piled on as I can get away with, be correct, & have the kit still pleasing to the eye. But, from all I have read, I would dearly love to build Caldercraft's VICTORY. However, I have yet to see ANY ship-build on this site, that I wouldn't want to try! Whichever ship you choose to build is the right choice, in my opinion! They are all beautiful!
Rick1011

Model Shipways (Model Expo) has historically had and still has a good variety of kits for the entry to intermediate level. Good quality production, plans, parts and service to back it up. Plenty of variety as well. Good for many hours of satisfying creative fun, without unnecessary frustration. Thumbs-Up
I have no skin in the game, but a lot of experience behind my recommendation.

Back