Benjamin W. Latham - 1902 Mackerel Fishing Schooner - 1:48 scale (Model Shipway)

She's gorgeous! I especially love the granular attention to detail: the variety of blocks; shackles; served lines, pendants and hearts; planking; sail hanks; sails; fit, finish; Presentation; every thing; it just goes on and on ! Okay
She's a tutorial on how to get it right.Thumbs-Up
You've raised the bar. a very elegant model. Actually -set of models.
Thanks for sharing her with us!:D

Pete

Last edited:
Excellent work, a 3 in 1 project with boats in and with the boat itself.

I do like the Midwest Products kits, glad some are coming back on the market now.

Did the clear display pieces come with the kit or did you make or buy them?

Love it is more like it. A tour de force.
By the way, is that a classic mahogany runabout in your ID photo? If so could you elaborate?

Pete:cool:

Last edited:
Fred,
Except for the scale next to the grass, I would believe I was looking at the real thing! Right down to the creases in the white leather where it stretches over the upper right and left corners of the seats, down to the fobs on the key rings. Not to mention the dash with its knobs, dials, and inscription applique, OH,.. and did I mention the mahogany woodwork and the finish!?
Once again, sir, your master craftsmanship is humbling to behold and moves the bar so high as to be barely within the reach of even the most determined of us.
My hat is off to you! But then, why would I expect any less from the creator of your Benjamin W. Latham.:oops:OkayThumbs-Up

Pete:cool:

Back