Belle Poole Kit and Ancre Le Belle Poule Monograph Set

Hello
I wonder if it is possible to mount the rigging on the kit?

cordially gerard

I was thinking of rigging mine however I have no clue what to do regarding the size of the spars, masts, etc... in order that it remains true to scale. It is all Greek to me. :confused:

I was thinking of rigging mine however I have no clue what to do regarding the size of the spars, masts, etc... in order that it remains true to scale. It is all Greek to me. :confused:
Good evening RegG, no one was born learned, you always have to measure yourself, here in my opinion there is a lot of quality to help you, I mean, try it

Hello
I wonder if it is possible to mount the rigging on the kit?
cordially gerard
Like Zoly already mentioned, the monograph by Jean Boudriot will give you the necessary information of masts, yards, rigging and even sails

Like Zoly already mentioned, the monograph by Jean Boudriot will give you the necessary information of masts, yards, rigging and even sails

Correct me if I am wrong Uwek but, are the scales not different between the plans and the kit?

Correct me if I am wrong Uwek but, are the scales not different between the plans and the kit?
you are correct - the plans by Boiudriot are in scale 1:48, so they have to be downsized
Unfortunately these drawings are offered by ancre only in this scale.

you are correct - the plans by Boiudriot are in scale 1:48, so they have to be downsized
Unfortunately these drawings are offered by ancre only in this scale.

This where it becomes problematic for me. I would not want my kit to look strange with the wrong scaled riggings. :(

This topic is gaining interest, so I thought I would transfer this information from my Build log so that it will be of interest to others.

However, BEFORE rigging, the other major aspect is the sizes of the Mast, Yard arms, etc. This can be derived from Uwe's example.

Correct me if I am wrong - you really do not need to concern yourself with scale for RIGGING LINES Lenght ONLY. The only thing that would be of SCALE would be the LINE thicknesses, the blocks and pulley sizes, and this would be fairly easy to come by.

I personally would not try nor attempt this unless a person like an advanced modeler comfortable with scales could do this. I see a lot of fore planning to do this.

Back