BATTLESHIP "BISMARCK" 1:200

I never understood why a large battle ship needed so many little support boats.
There were appr. 2.000 seamen on board - so these boats were also used as tender boats
Imagine the traffic necessary for supply etc. when such a battleship was not bearthed at a quay or pier, but laying at anchor

There were appr. 2.000 seamen on board - so these boats were also used as tender boats
Imagine the traffic necessary for supply etc. when such a battleship was not bearthed at a quay or pier, but laying at anchor
That´s a very good explanation.:)ThumbsupIn any case, when the ship sank, there was hardly time to haul down all the boats. Most of the survivors were picked up at sea.

Well, that's easy. Once the hull is finished, you have to sand it ,at least a couple of times, so that it´s very smooth. After this you have to give it a good layer of putty. You sand it again very well and then all that remains is painting. It´s a laborious task but with patience everything is done. I'll post photos of how it looks. Thumbsup
Thank you! I’ve considered using super thin plastic pieces on top to simulate steel plates. But I can’t find a good photo of the Esmeralda the ship I’m building to show a hull plate pattern

Using ordinary spackling compound or a different kind of putty? Thanks. Lou

Thank you! I’ve considered using super thin plastic pieces on top to simulate steel plates. But I can’t find a good photo of the Esmeralda the ship I’m building to show a hull plate pattern

Using ordinary spackling compound or a different kind of putty? Thanks. Lou
Plastic wood putty. It´s very easy to expand.

Masilla.jpg

And we continue...The end is approaching, although I must say that it has not really been a "step by step", but rather a summary of the build. I´d like to have more images, but as I said, it´s a small summary.
Now I am focusing on my next build, the Spanish ship of the line "Santísima Trinidad" ;)Ship-1

Diapositiva132.JPG

Diapositiva133.JPG

Diapositiva134.JPG

Diapositiva135.JPG

Back