Batavia Book

well I got my batavia book in and it said something when I bought about getting the plans digital but so far in the back the book it says something about going to their store. I hope they dont want me to buy them too cause this book certainly wasnt worth thew 80 ish bucks it cost if the plans arent free for download. will keep you informed

ok none of the contact stuff seems to work it says to goto the store to find the shopping download items but it sends you to some blurb place which sells tons of books

I posted a review on amazon will give it a couple days to see if they reply then if I dont get an answer I will return the book as the book is no where near worth 80 bucks. its the full size digital drawintgs and the digital construction images that makes it worth it

I posted a review on amazon will give it a couple days to see if they reply then if I dont get an answer I will return the book as the book is no where near worth 80 bucks. its the full size digital drawings and the digital construction images that makes it worth it

I know what your saying I bought the book THE PADDLE WHEEL FRIGATE USS SUSQUEHANNA, 1847. sadly disappointed it was not much more than an expensive build log.

I did order from the seller. if you goto his page its linked to amazon. the contact me is broken and doesnt go anywhere. I goto his personal site and try to contact him there it doesnt work either. I sent a comment to blurb and to amazon figureing he would get an alert and respond. I also sent a complaint/concern to blurb and amazon about it and not being able to contact in hopes they can contact the seller and find out wy. I will give a few days to hear back then I will return it if cant. what sucks is I wanted to actually do it as the flying dutchman which was a VOC east indiaman

He has 2 books on the Batavia the first is the construction book where the full size plans and construction guide is downloadable the other is the sailing the batavia book with images etc from its maiden voyage

I already am its mainly a place people can create their own books but doing searches doesnt come up with anything on the digital drawings. I also went to amazon and did the contact the seller thing it says give 48 hrs for them to reply

Please keep us posted I was going to buy this book direct from the seller, but I directed my funds to gathering information on the Constellation first. I do however still want to build the Batavia and was going to buy that book this weekend.

Well, with the returns we have to think twice because the receiver has to pay 2 x the shipping cost which is close to the books value. So you paid 2 x shipping for nothing and the seller has its book back which he can sell again... probably under the same circumstances. I know there is not much hope if there is no response but if there is a refund would be a better option for you.
Janos

I got the book ne3ver did get a reply back about where the download was. i ended up keeping the book as i was having so much trouble with the company on refund stuff as they say they just a company and people who sign up use them to print their own books and whatnot. so i just kept it. it does have a set of plans in the book at small level as in say the anatomy of ship series i could scan in and use for taking measurements and drawing up my own so it not a total waste but I would tell any one else not to waste your time or money for the book. the guy has not answered over a doz3en emails and his site is so broken that half links dont work properly. I kinda think he stopped doing the ship stuff and his sites just a ghost site.

Back