Authentic Period Flags ( 1750 - 1850 )

I have great difficulty finding period flags in scale, with good quality, on the market. The available flags, in general, are made in rigid materials ( plastified paper ) or in thick fabrics, out of scale, printed in a rough way, and out of the correct proportions. This causes a bad visual effect, as the cloth does not have the necessary natural visual trim .
I partially solved the trim problem using very thin silk cloths. It worked well and they were good for the french tricolors, for instance, but when it's necessary to paint designs on the flags, ex: Spanish or British,I didn't get a satisfactory result. I'm a terrible fabric painter.
So, do you have any suggestions for good suppliers ?

Hallo,

this topic by @TechTrek may help

printed flags you can find here from HIS

I had also once a web-page from a very good flag maker from germany, but I do not find the contact in the moment....
Maybe somebody else reading this will remember

Brilliant! The flag I have for the Hermione is, as Luiz said, basically plastic. Yuck!

I had also once a web-page from a very good flag maker from germany, but I do not find the contact in the moment....

Just found the topic where I mention him:

Great news - so we should remember the name Hans Blissenbach

and his web-page Exclamation-Mark

Home

here the catalog in english

Unbenannt.JPG

Catalog

I built Le Superbe last year, & when it came time to install the flags, was very disappointed with the ones supplied. So, I went to Radimir at HisModel. I had never done business with them, but had seen pics of their flags, & was very impressed. Knowing that it would take a while for shipping, I went ahead & ordered their flag kit. These flags are by far the best I have ever seen, & were well worth the wait. Talk about realistic! I would recommend HisModel to anyone looking for quality & realism!

Back