Artesania Latina Support

Pwh

I just want to highlight what great service I received from Artesania Latina site. I requested from them on 2 separate occasions a parts list for an old kit La Toulannaise and copy of the plans due to accidently spilling liquid on the plans and making them unreadable. The company emailed both items within 48 hours. I'm glad they are up and running.

Yes, Artesania Latina is back.!! And YES, they had closed up shop a while back... In "trouble" for a while, they shut down. It's my understanding that they are under new ownership. Seems like we discussed this momentarily a month or so back..... Hmmm...maybe I can find the thread.!

So, OK..... Here is the thread from awhile back. There's a little more information.....

Artesania Latina Returns
Be sure to go to the start of the thread,,,,good information...

Hope this is helpful.
Howard

Last edited:
They are indeed back... with a big difference. All of their fabrication has moved from Europe to Hong Kong. I think they are also going to be offering a wooden model airplane kit (I think).

I am working on Artesiana Latina latest kit for pilot boat Swift a beginners model. I have four previous successful builds of plank on bulkhead kits. I found the CD instructions to be minimal, and printed in six languages. They are not easy to sort out, and if you do not have a dedicated computer or laptop on the workbench upon which you can refer to the instructions, it can be frustrating. I shall take care in future to check that printed instructions are included. Comments?

What version of Swift do you have, I have two and both come with printed instructions.

I can make copies and mail to you if needed to help.

I recently purchased AL's new Belem kit. This is thier very latest kit since reopening from the Hong Kong plant. The instructions were also on CD. Since this saves cost over printed materials I would assume you can expect this to be the norm from them here forward.

In the past, AL customer service was kinda poor. Glad to hear they stepped up to the plate. On my last build, an AL, I swore I would never build one of theirs again.

In the past, AL customer service was kinda poor. Glad to hear they stepped up to the plate. On my last build, an AL, I swore I would never build one of theirs again.
Well, I guess a lot HAD to change. AL was NOT in a good position. If they are going to come back, I would expect them to completely change their business model.!!

Many years ago I built a couple of AL kits and liked them. Their model of the C.W.Morgan was a good one,even though the written instructions were somewhat lacking and vague in a lot of places, they did include 6+ pages of plans and diagrams that made the whole build go a lot smoother. I'm glad to see them back in business.

What version of Swift do you have, I have two and both come with printed instructions.

I can make copies and mail to you if needed to help.
Thank you Kurt, I appreciate your offer, but feel that you must have previous editions of the Swift. Anyway, I just wanted to blow off steam, and give a heads up about what other people will face if they buy that model.

I have a personal problem with the latest trend of not including printed drawings and manuals in the kit boxes..
Yes, you can find a CD in the box.....but......
Me f.e. I have no CD-drive in my Laptop, also not in I-Pad ..... and imagine some more years, five or ten years more, there will be nobody out there which will have a CD-drive. So in future you will have some nice kits, but no instructions at all.
A good service would be, to have printed docs plus some soft-data on a stick as an add-on......
Or the manufacturer shift everything to the internet for download - open for everybody

I have a personal problem with the latest trend of not including printed drawings and manuals in the kit boxes..
Yes, you can find a CD in the box.....but......
Me f.e. I have no CD-drive in my Laptop, also not in I-Pad ..... and imagine some more years, five or ten years more, there will be nobody out there which will have a CD-drive. So in future you will have some nice kits, but no instructions at all.
A good service would be, to have printed docs plus some soft-data on a stick as an add-on......
Or the manufacturer shift everything to the internet for download - open for everybody
I am a bit late to the party in responding to this discussion, but I wanted to mention that the AL manuals are available for download from their website. While I don’t really like supplying manuals this way, the lack of a CD reader shouldn’t be a impediment to getting the instructions.

Jut got thr AL 1:16 sopwith camel. wood & metal build. If anyone is interesed the chapest place to get it and a lot of AL & Shipways kits in AUS is Hobbytools Australia.

Back