Another new guy...

Hello from sunny South Carolina! I am ever so delighted to find this forum. I am a retired civil servant and novice and seeking a hobby to fill my substantial spare time. I have been tinkering with wooden models but have yet to complete one that I would be willing to display to anyone other than my wife (she loves me and is very charitable). Anyway, finding this forum has given me great hope that I may yet, with the able assistance of so many helpful builders, complete a model that I can be proud of. Thanks everyone.

Welcome. This is a friendly forum and there are a lot of people that will help you on your journey. We are all learners here and everyone has something to share. I have been modeling most of my life and still learning. That is the beauty of this hobby. It is so diverse that there is always more to learn. We all started as amateurs and gradually grow to become better informed and thus, usually more demanding amateurs. Remember that this is a hobby and we are doing it to have fun and be amazed at what we can create from pieces of wood, scrapes of metal and little rolls of string.

Hi Jamos,

welcome to SoS ! (Gary, I agree 100%)

What ship are you interested in? There are a lot out there to choose from. I have some suggestions that will ease you into this and make your building experience a much more pleasant and rewarding one. I am sure that you have already been navigating around the site and seen a wide range of models.

ps. South Carolina ! Well, that is getting close to MS. Welcome neighbor !

Back