Another addition to my workshop.

Pardon my ignorance, but why would I need one? What purpose is such a device?
hi Jimsky & Y.T; You plug your power tool into the 'master' & your extractor into the 'slave', when you switch on the tool the extractor also starts , the tool controls the extractor in other words. The equivalent of having a vacuum with a power take off, heavier duty, as I said it's for my full size tablesaw.

What is the advantage over just running both tools through a common switch? Is there a timer to keep the vacuum on for a few moments after you shut the saw off?

What is the advantage over just running both tools through a common switch? Is there a timer to keep the vacuum on for a few moments after you shut the saw off?
Convenience for one thing, but it means I can plug in different tools & I don't always need the extractor running. Two machines running off the same 13a switched socket could, in my opinion, overload it on start up. No there is no delay timer - I haven't found it necessary, by the time I've finished the cut the hose has usually cleared. I can't say I particularly like the delay as on my Easyvac 3 'indoor' extractor as has a fairly long delay.

I've just built this Master & Slave switch unit for my full size table saw & extractor. I bought the Kemo switch from Amazon de., the box from ebay & the modulat sockets & faceplate from Screwfix (around the corner from me). Total cost of £39.00.View attachment 331219View attachment 331222View attachment 331223
Interesting addition to the workbench.... still struggling to see why not using this:

1664734007482.png

This is what i use to start my vacuum and portable table saw...

Regards,

Interesting addition to the workbench.... still struggling to see why not using this:

View attachment 331890

This is what i use to start my vacuum and portable table saw...

Regards,
I prefer to control both from the NVR switch on the table saw which is closer to hand. The idea of a 'master & slave' is to only need to use one switch ie. NVR, with a multi-socket extension, unless it's powered from the motor side of the NVR, one still needs to operate 2 switches as the NVR unlatches when the extension is switched off.

Last edited:
Moreprovac…. Is that in your workshop or surgical room ?
I just use a foot peddle switch with a 3 receptacle splitter plugged in. Most of the time it’s the shop vac and disc sander.
Haha, i wish.... this is the real one.... other one was an Ikea shot...

1664816455627.png

A foot peddle is the next one on my list..

Cheers

Back