Amerigo Vespucci - Las Palmas Gran Canaria July 2023

we have only a limit of 25 per post, but definitely no limit of how mayn posts you will fill with photos

What a magnificent ship to see. Every detail is in place, clean and shiny and new. Must have been a great treat to go aboard her and see what she really looks like. You see the old ship as it always has been and a nod to modern ships equipment to keep her safe. Super great pictures too. Thanks for posting them.

I'm standing in awe of you at 91 still able to do such beautiful work on a ship model. Hope you will post some more photos of the AV in a construction topic so we can all see your work. I'm only 81 and already I've stopped buying green bananas. Still doing the ships though. Welcome aboard mantares.

Well, having seen the wonderful virtual tour you treated us to, and now to see your amazing model by comparison, Okay if I stand in awe? :oops:

I am currently building the Panart 1:84 AV, now finishing chapter 5 (see photo). I'd love to correspond with you and share the building progress. BTW I'm 91 years old. You can also reach me at mantares@comcast.net.

View attachment 394225
Hello Montares
I am currently building the same and I am at the same stage as you are (about to finish the 5th booklet).
You can see my build log at this link
Do you have a build log for yours?
Happy to correspond with you.

I am currently building the Panart 1:84 AV, now finishing chapter 5 (see photo). I'd love to correspond with you and share the building progress. BTW I'm 91 years old. You can also reach me at mantares@comcast.net.

View attachment 394225
Looking good. I´m still planking the hull, sanding and filling.
I have a build log running but progress is slow at the moment. (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/amerigo-vespucci-mantua-panart-1-84.12154/)
clivemoss39@gmail.com.
Great deck detail on your model. It was one of the features that attracted me to this build. After the Endurance story I thought that i wouldn´t find anything as interesting to follow but having seen and been on board the AV I am now very enthusiastic about the build.
As you are much further along than I, it will probably me asking the questions, especially as I am pretty new to this hobby, but I´m happy to help where I can.
You have a few years on me as I´m a mere 76. If I can produce work half as good as yours in 15 years I shall be well pleased.

Back