Amati 1:64 H.M.S. Victory - any idea when it will become available? This one is going to be HUGE.

It has been quite a while since I’ve read any chatter for the Amati Victory kit. Have any of you heard or read anything?

What I heard is that they put it on hold while they were developing the Titanic and the Bismarck. They wanted to redo the instruction manual in their new style. But this was a few years ago. Updates came from Chris Watton who no longer works with Amati, so yeah it appears as if Amati has put the project on hold indefinitely.

There has been a bit of chatter on Facebook and other sites about the development of the 1:64 scale H.M.S. Victory. Some say that it will give the Caldercraft version a run for the money. Do any of you have any info or thoughts on this one? It is supposed to be available in late 2021. It looks to be a monster ( from what I have read 165 cm = 65 inches). :oops:

Thanks and be well,

Reg :)
Hi RegG, like you, I'm wondering when the 1/64 scale of Victory comes out. Have you heard anymore about it?

AS I know, there are since years no new information about any further devlopment
So I guess there will be no Victory from Amati for the next years

Has anyone heard anymore about the HMS Victory in 1/64 scale?
AS I know, there are since years no new information about any further devlopment
So I guess there will be no Victory from Amati for the next years
Nothing unusual. The crisis caused a drastic increase in prices and production. In addition, there are ecological restrictions. Foreign customs policy also poses problems. Currently, Chinese companies have an open route to Europe, much lower production costs and a non-binding climate policy.

Nothing unusual. The crisis caused a drastic increase in prices and production. In addition, there are ecological restrictions. Foreign customs policy also poses problems. Currently, Chinese companies have an open route to Europe, much lower production costs and a non-binding climate policy.
Not one of your mentioned reasons are the reason of this kit delay .....

It is probable that this kit would be far too pricey to appeal to the masses. In the end, it tends to always come down to profit margins. My two cents...

Found one on sale here for you:

Last edited:
It is a shame if the Amati 1/64 doesn't happen, it looked very promising. I can't understand why the OcCre latest limited kit is so popular when it is so 'not much like the Victory'.

It is a shame if the Amati 1/64 doesn't happen, it looked very promising. I can't understand why the OcCre latest limited kit is so popular when it is so 'not much like the Victory'.
It's because most kit buyer are not all that discriminating when it comes to historical accuracy. It takes a LOT of research before you know all the things to look for, if accuracy is one of your criteria. There are few kits that measure up. You would think something as well documented as Victory would result in more accuracy in kits in general, especially when the ship still exists.

Last edited:
Few modelers have the skill and patience required to build the most historically accurate version of any ship if truth be told. Unless you are an expert or professional-level modeler you are wasting your money in my opinion on the Caldercraft version. So what if a kit isn't truly accurate? All manufacturers market their interpretation of any given ship. I would rather flub up a less accurate model and make it my own than sob over having flubbed up a beast like the Caldercraft Victory. I refuse to, as they say, "trip over the flowers in the carpet" and drive myself crazy with being fully accurate. I want to enjoy myself. This hobby is about the therapy that working with wood gives me, exercising my brain, and developing skills. Enjoying the finished project is fine but not the reason why I practice ship modeling. We are all different when it comes to what is an acceptable level of accuracy. One thing is clear however, we all agree that this hobby and this forum generates an immeasurable amount of calm in this crazy world. This hobby and this place have in fact brought one of my friends back from the edge and I expect that it may have saved others as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Reg :)

Back