All you get is a lump of coal

Hello Guys
I know one of you have the answer to this:
I bought some crushed coal to use in a model stove. The instructions say to use “scenery adhesive”. What the heck is that?
I need to make sure it isn’t going to be flying all over the place. I heard somewhere a long time ago hair spray acts like glue. Any input on this?
Thanks

John

Hi John,

There’s a product produced by Woodland Scenics that could also work for you. I have used it for years on my railroad with great success. I find when I have small items, like small coal or ballast to secure, I soak firstly with isopropyl alcohol. This breaks up the surface tension of the Scenic Cement when applied. Otherwise the small items tend to clump and move about.

1C2CA207-7422-4C69-ACFA-555C80485C6E.jpeg

those railway guys have the widest variety of gadgets and thing. Ya would think it’s a more popular hobby than ours lol. take the time looking at other hobbies and can use “ that “….

Hi John,

There’s a product produced by Woodland Scenics that could also work for you. I have used it for years on my railroad with great success. I find when I have small items, like small coal or ballast to secure, I soak firstly with isopropyl alcohol. This breaks up the surface tension of the Scenic Cement when applied. Otherwise the small items tend to clump and move about.

View attachment 297100
That's diluted PVA, I believe - a 'rip-off'.

Back