Academic nautical archeology

I find it interesting to read some of the papers being published by those in the community of nautical or undersea archeologists who are discovering and investigating historic wrecks. Many of their reconstructions can be most instructive for modelers and those interested in historic shipbuilding. I would recommend a book-length treatment, "The Pepper Wreck" by Filipe Castro who is a leader in the field.

Here's a sampling:

I find it interesting to read some of the papers being published by those in the community of nautical or undersea archeologists who are discovering and investigating historic wrecks. Many of their reconstructions can be most instructive for modelers and those interested in historic shipbuilding. I would recommend a book-length treatment, "The Pepper Wreck" by Filipe Castro who is a leader in the field.

Here's a sampling:
Looks interesting but the links are asking to logon, is it necessary to create an account first.

.... and is tracked by Facebook. Pity...
I don't know about the Facebook tracking but I did open an account to receive related papers to my area and scope of research. I only download and open the paper of my choosing and have not taken an expanded membership which I think costs something per month. For my interests in a broad scope of historical research it serves me very well. Rich (PT-2)

I don't know about the Facebook tracking but I did open an account to receive related papers to my area and scope of research. I only download and open the paper of my choosing and have not taken an expanded membership which I think costs something per month. For my interests in a broad scope of historical research it serves me very well. Rich (PT-2)
Halle Rich, that's the trouble with Facebook. This mess runs in the background, the normal user does not notice anything. Zuckerberg lives on - stolen data. But that's another topic. I am also very interested in reports like Academia, but not at any cost.

I didn't know FB was involved- metaverse my royal Irish- well, you know. In any case, there's a free membership that will figure out your interests and send you papers that are relevant. I find it very useful. I would recommend "The Pepper Wreck" The book is a model of undersea archeology and nautical reconstruction.

Here's a sampling:
Hallo @3rdJerseyman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back