A warm welcome to our newest members Frederica & Bill

Hi to all,

Thank you for accepting as member of your lovely team.

My name is Frederica.

Just a few words about me.

I was born in Manchester, UK, and lived in Witney near Oxford but I now live in Sparta Greece.
I have made figures, canons, catapults and various other constructions. I have also helped my husband with the construction of various parts that go on the decks as well as with small paint jobs.
At the beginning of 2011 I nicked one of my husband's kits (the Cutty Sark) in order to build it myself (with his aid). Planking the hull was not easy, I admit, but my husband helped me out a lot and I have learnt a lot of things from him and also from various forums I read.
I am thinking of continuing modeling wooden ships and to nick another one of my husband's kits as soon as I finish the Cutty Sark.
Unfortunately, I do not have much free time so it takes me quite a long time to finish anything I start.

I am also the owner of a translation agency which keeps me really busy.

That's all about me
Keep well
Frederica

P.S. My husband has also tried to become a member of this forum but for some reason or other his application has been rejected twice. I have sent a PM to Donnie asking about this.

Sjors55 said:
Fro me also a warm welcome at this forum Frederica and Bill.
I have the feeling that I see you before....somewhere :D
Start an build log and feel your self quit at home.
And maybe the reason that that your husband is not getting in , maybe you use the same e-mail address?
That's why Anja and me have different mail addresses.
But I know for sure that Donnie give you an answer.

Sjors

Hi Sjors,

Thanks for the welcome. I will start a log on this forum as soon as I have finished the Cutty Sark and start working on my next build.
The problem with my husband's activation has been solved so he is also a member here and we thank Donnie for that.

Frederica

Why not start of log of the "Cutty" now. I know a lot of us would be interested in seeing it built and would like to follow your process. I started my log after I had about 400 hours of construction time and and have put another 700 hours in and it has had great response.

Hi Gary

Okay I will start a Cutty Sark build log from the start as well although I have reached the ratlines.

Frederica

Hi Barba

Thanks for the welcome.

Frederica

Hi Frederica,
thank you for your patience in getting you and your husband registered. I apologize for the delays. Welcome to the SOS Forum.

Donnie
SOS 2012

Thanks Donnie for the warm welcome.
Don't worry about the delay. Not a problem. :)

Frederica

Back